PDA

View Full Version : Do not go to US Aviation Academy

cessna152driver
22nd Nov 2014, 03:35
For those of you thinking about coming to the Lone Star State to get your ratings, check this out. I wrote this review for another website. I trained at US Aviation from May until about two days ago. Horrible flight school. Read below..

Prospective Students Beware: This school is run by NO management at all. I did my Commercial Pilot training here, and tried to schedule myself for the next day and the coming Saturday and Sunday due to the difficulty of getting scheduled in a plane to go fly. When I called the front desk to cancel a reservation, I got disrespected by a man there named Richard who said I "didn't know procedure, and do not have any business messing around" in a bad attitude. I then talked to Timothy Hopkins, who is one of the Supervisors at this place. He told me that RESERVATIONS ARE NOT GUARRANTEED. In other words, you can be scheduled, and get bumped off at the last minute if a "higher priority" pilot wants to fly. Today, Hopkins (Supervisor) called me and ACCUSED me of trying to place myself on the schedule even though IT WAS DONE BEFORE THEY TOLD ME I COULD NOT SCHEDULE MYSELF. Oh, and there planes go down for WAY TOO OFTEN.
Some good flight schools in the Dallas,Texas Area (They all do Intl students)
Monarch Air
US Sport Aircraft
American Flyers
All these schools are located at Addison Airport, just minutes from Dallas. Way closer to nightlife than Denton.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS FLIGHT SCHOOL!

PM me for questions.

turbopropulsion
24th Nov 2014, 12:30
Seems somewhat harsh. So to clarify, the main problem you have was that you had a falling out with a few members of their staff regarding scheduling?

Don't mean to sound patronising here but your review doesn't exactly sound comprehensive.