PDA

View Full Version : Workbook with excercises for UK CAA CAP 696/697/698

jimmy2times
21st Nov 2014, 21:22
Hello
Does anybody know where can I get or buy a workbook with excercises to practice the graphs and tables from the UK CAA's CAP 696/697/698?
I am preparing for an exam that is referring to these docs and I am lacking professional workbook to practice.
Thanks!

speed_alive_rotate
22nd Nov 2014, 07:10
@jimmy2times: Aviation Exam is an excellent way to practice and has loads of questions as well as detailed worked solutions. Got me through my ATPLs with flying colours!!

jimmy2times
24th Nov 2014, 01:41
Thanks for that one. I checked it out. It indeed has plenty of questions.

But can anybody suggest me questions pertaining to the CAPs? Most importantly direct questions such as finding take off and landing distances etc.

speed_alive_rotate
24th Nov 2014, 07:06
jimmy2times, there should be around 50 or more questions in Aviation Exam if not more regarding the caps. Direct cap questions nearly identical to what you shall see on the day of the exam!

jimmy2times
25th Nov 2014, 11:52
From what I can see in Flight Planning section of the PDF I downloaded (jarquestions.pdf) here http://www.electrocution.com/docs/jarquestions.pdf I don't see questions on the CAP graphs. Perhaps it is the wring file I am viewing?
Thanks!

RichardH
25th Nov 2014, 14:25
@jimmy2times let's get it crystal clear that you are taking a JAA/EASA fixed wing ATPL or CPL examinations somewhere in Europe?

If this is the case then I thought your training provider would have provided sufficient material to cover and practice these manuals and you really need to have a hard/printed copy of them e.g. http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP697.pdf will get you the Flight Planning manual.

Again assuming you are doing the ATPL(A) then there will be LOTS of questions related to these manuals in the 3 relevant exams and you must know your way round all of them.

Most students revise for these exams using one or two online databases be it Aviation Exam, ATPL Online or Bristol Ground School (BGS) (others are available) and they all do pretty much the same thing and there is usually a subscription depending on subjects & length of time required.

Hope this helps.

RTN11
27th Nov 2014, 19:38
Just set some yourself. Get on NATS AIS, find a random airport to find the data, then go to the Met office site and get the METAR and Bob's your uncle, there's a question.