PDA

View Full Version : UK based advanced EW Training

Charlie Luncher
19th Nov 2014, 20:40
G'day
Looking for a contact email for either the FAA Advanced EW Course or an AWC Advanced EW course must be aimed at the proper airborne operator and operations, not a RWR monkey!!:E
I have a few dollars to send some of my nerds to Blighty to develop their interpersonal skills so please not too many lectures taken by engineers:8.

PM if you need more info
Charlie sends
I will not mention the cricket:hmm:

VinRouge
20th Nov 2014, 12:31
Good place to start me old. A good bunch.

International Defence Training (RAF) - Horizon Training (http://www.raf.mod.uk/idtraf/aboutus/horizontraining.cfm)

Sandy Parts
20th Nov 2014, 12:56
Sounds like you need to get them on the old 'dry-man's jolly' known as the EWIC! RN course for mainly ASW Helo but also open to other flyers (hence the kipper fleet invites). When I did it it was at Dryad and was good value. 6 weeks including an 'away' week to various industry sites plus Spadeadam and Qinetiq. Occasional tefal head lecture but mainly 'user' level practical theory and application. Highlight for me was the chats to the submariners (RN and other) as to what they REALLY did with their radar/ESM!
No idea if the course is still going or what the current format may be - try emailing the FRADU guys as they might know? Or ask one of the RAN types to speak to their 'parent' Navy about it :E

EWIC - Electronic Warfare Instructor's Course

TwoTunnels
21st Nov 2014, 08:26
If you don't fancy coming back to the UK, I attended a Canadian Advanced Operational EW Course in Winnipeg a few years ago. It was run by a USAF RIVENT JOINT Raven at the time. It was very good, and not fast jet orientated at all. Most of the other guys (and girls) were multi-engine operators.
Although 'operational', it did cover a lot of theory (decibels etc); and did stray into this theory for almost all operational anecdotes (think this was due to the instructor though!).
If it is still running, I would recommend it as an alternate to the usual courses run by the Air Warfare School at RAF Cranwell. Not to 'dis' those courses, but once you've done a couple, they do get a bit 'samey'.

Winnipeg was a good night out as well. Prob still got the details from 2007, if you want to PM me.

cheers

N2erk
26th Nov 2014, 00:58
If the originator of this thread really is from Oz, and considering Winterpig (Winnipeg) as a training venue, you may wish to check typical Winnipeg winter weather when choosing a course. :eek:

Surplus
26th Nov 2014, 02:28
I think his previous experience of ISK winters should hold him in good stead when preparing his nerds for the experience. :E

Mightycrewseven
26th Nov 2014, 07:59
Advanced EW....UK.....hahahahahaha :}

Charlie, perhaps you need to approach your old mukkas that moved to 51Sqn

camelspyyder
26th Nov 2014, 18:16
a buddy who resides there is travelling home today from Phoenix and facing a 63C temperature swing +25 to -38.

it is the coldest Nov 26 in Winnipeg's history.

not a suitable venue for "snags on the barbie"

Charlie Luncher
24th Apr 2015, 09:48
Thanks for the help - pointers, Mcru7 all me auld mukkas are too deaf/ blind drunk! We know +C scales only in the colonies, ISK winter pre-flights were ok once you had a coffee and a hot sausage roll.:O

Looks like my nerds will be the awkward ones in sleazy sleaford look out for their pocket protectors and ankle bracelets. :8

Yeller_Gait
24th Apr 2015, 11:12
Charlie,

We had a couple of guys went to Germany for the NATO EW course last year when there was some money in the budget.

Will send you details next week when I get a chance, but in summer this is a better option than Cranwell.

Y_G