PDA

View Full Version : RAF Bombers, drones attack ISIS.

Hangarshuffle
19th Nov 2014, 20:27
Not that anyone actually comments or even rewrites todays news on Prune much, todays RAF war news.

RAF Tornado raid on extensive Islamic State bunker complex - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/11240362/RAF-Tornado-raid-on-extensive-Islamic-State-bunker-complex.html)

Bunker, tunnels or possibly **** all blown up by our bombers. Plus bulldozer hit by our drone.
Nobody, but nobody in the UK cares about these stories.
Why is this?

pr00ne
19th Nov 2014, 21:16
hangarshuffle,

Who the hell are you to speak for everybody in the UK! How do you know that nobody cares about it, have you individually consulted each and everyone of us?

You may have noted that when folk on here comment on current ops they tend to get berated by paranoic security geeks or conspiracy theorists.

Besides, quite what IS there to say about it?

I read about it in the papers, I see it covered on the news, and it's on the internet news and enthusiast sites. What more do you want?

barnstormer1968
19th Nov 2014, 22:26
He still does :)

middleground
20th Nov 2014, 07:38
HS

In an attempt to deflect from this pointless thread.

Can any body tell me why the "Can anybody tell me why T93 was banned" thread was closed.:ok:

Have a great day all.

melmothtw
20th Nov 2014, 07:51
Typhoon93 cared....

That made me chuckle.

Party Animal
20th Nov 2014, 07:52
I'm guessing Hangarshuffle means it should be a 'big' news story on the cover of the tabloids and a primary item on British tv news, rather than relegated to a few small words under a photo of Kim Kardashians derriere.

In a similar vein, the latest beheading starring Jihadi John was glossed over pretty quickly.

War? - what war??

Courtney Mil
20th Nov 2014, 08:11
Perhaps it was just the way HS phrased his remark. Maybe "People in the UK don't seem to be engaged with this issue as much as other events nearer home or as much as they were with previous conflicts."

It's grabbing headlines, but the media don't have people like John Simpson on the ground whilst a city suffers shock and awe behind him. Many, I think, are confused by the complexities and uncertainties surrounding the whole thing. There seems to be a sense of hopelessness because the bad guys are seen to have achieved much despite fighting a war on everyone else. There is a fear that there is a large, cryptic movement in the UK sympathetic to the cause. You think of others...

It is possible that lots of people haven't got their heads around it and it's being presented to them differently. Just a thought.

P.S. Party Animal, you pressed submit whilst I ws still typing. I concur.

Lonewolf_50
20th Nov 2014, 13:31
The UK has had soldiers in Afghanistan and then Iraq since about 2001. Eventually, Iraq mission ended for the UK. Afgh ... ending soon or just ended recently? I forget. Then the fun in Libya, of course.

Maybe, this being 2014, there is a little bit of "war fatigue" in both the general public and the press. Since this latest scrap doesn't have the UK playing a leading role, perhaps it isn't considered as big a bit of news to blow up a few :mad:'s as when the UK had a more prominent role in the overall scheme.

Just a thought from someone on this side of the pond.

As to the RAF delivering some large iron raindrops on the miscreants, I say:

Well done, and thanks for being on the varsity team. :ok:

Pontius Navigator
20th Nov 2014, 14:25
Lone wolf, I am with you, just news fatigue.

Normal day in the office, dropped a couple of PW, home for tea.

ExRAFRadar
20th Nov 2014, 15:49
Hate to say this but it will only be front page news if we lose an aircraft.

And God forbid such an event takes place.