PDA

View Full Version : 90 day rule MEP

TheSkyIsTheLimit
17th Nov 2014, 13:24
Unfortunately I haven't flown MEP in over 90 days, so I do not have the required 3 T/O & landings to take passangers with me on flights.
Now I would like to simply go rent a MEP airplane to do a few patterns & be legal to take pax again, my question is: am I allowed to take 1 extra person with me, this person holds a CPL, so in my view he would act as a "safety pilot"; does anybody have any info on this? (PS: I'm in the EU)

Thanks a lot in advance guys!

ChickenHouse
17th Nov 2014, 13:31
Under EASA regime - No. You have to do the 3 T/O-Ldg all alone. But, of course and quite easy - if you are out of training you can get a FI/FE on the right seat, do some trainings and then do the 3 patterns solo.

TheSkyIsTheLimit
17th Nov 2014, 13:33
That's what I figured too, I was kind of placing my hopes on the safety pilot aspect of it working out legally, but as this is for medical considerations, I guess it won't work.. Thank you very much for the help!

stevelup
17th Nov 2014, 16:15
You should check your local regulations - there may be something in the Belgian ANO that permits it.

The UK CAA are considering changing this:-

The GA Partnership Group is considering options for relaxing the 90-day currency rule for passenger carriage for national licence holders. Using informed consent principles this would allow a second qualified pilot to elect to join the flight while currency is renewed.

MrAverage
17th Nov 2014, 17:41
They do not need to be "all alone". Three with an instructor alongside, while you are "sole manipulator of the controls" is sufficient.

Mach Jump
17th Nov 2014, 23:54
...my question is: am I allowed to take 1 extra person with me, this person holds a CPL, so in my view he would act as a "safety pilot"; does anybody have any info on this?

Any extra person you carry is either a 'member of the crew', or a 'passenger', and as you can't count your friend as a crew member, he must be a 'passenger'

...while you are "sole manipulator of the controls" is sufficient

Mr. A is quite correct.

MJ:ok:

Whopity
18th Nov 2014, 07:05
there may be something in the Belgian ANO that permits it.Even if there was, it would be trumped by EASA regulation!

90-day currency rule for passenger carriage for national licence holdersNot much use for the majority of EASA licence holders!

TheSkyIsTheLimit
18th Nov 2014, 09:14
Thanks a lot for all of your help guys!