PDA

View Full Version : GOM SIAP Approach Plates

Phrisco17
15th Nov 2014, 12:38
Does anyone know where Gulf of Mexico RNAV SIAP Approach Plates may be found on the internet. Google is no help!

Gomer Pylot
15th Nov 2014, 19:50
They're proprietary, AFAIK. When I was flying them, there was only one plate, which served for everything. You roll your own, depending on the wind, weather, and obstacles. It's just a guide, there were no specific approaches for any platform. You would probably have to find a current pilot who would be willing to scan one for you.

Phrisco17
16th Nov 2014, 00:51
Gomer Pylot, I am interested in the operator published RNAV Point in Space Special Instrument Approach Plates to the Various GOM onshore bases, e.g. the PHI FOUR GPS 273, rather than the generic OSAP.

212man
16th Nov 2014, 01:32
Instead of PINS, why not go for LNAV/VNAV? Here's an example: http://www.civil-aviation.gov.bn/index.php/download/aeronautical-infomation-services/category/6-ad?download=29:wbak-ad-3-16-instrument-approach-chart-rwy-23

Gomer Pylot
17th Nov 2014, 20:05
You probably need to find a pilot who will give you a copy. They are special instrument approach procedures, only authorized for use by appropriately trained crews. I once had all of them, but my plates are long out of date, if I could even find them. Those aren't technically point-in-space approaches, the MAP is just a point near nowhere, where there are no obstacles.