PDA

View Full Version : Emirates NBD new fee on Currency account

PPRuNeUser0215
11th Nov 2014, 11:55
I don't post too often anymore but I suggest anybody with a currency account at NBD checks the new T&Cs.
Seems like there is a new 1% fee per fund movement coming on the 16th of november.
The way I understand it, if you pay in 10000 you pay 100 and when you take those 10k out again, you pay 1%... 2% round trip basically.

PS: The way I found out was not through clear communication from NBD but through a cashier... Then checked with NBD manager.
Would have been too simple otherwise.

what_goes_up
11th Nov 2014, 12:13
This is for foreign currency accounts only, correct?
And for most of the accounts it's 1.25% (min. 20AED) per transaction...:\

colo18
11th Nov 2014, 13:45
I might be joining EK soon if everything goes well

We were recommended this bank by the HR girl. However this might be an issue.

Any recommendation from your side? Where is best to open an account here and simple to transfer money abroad.

Appreciate your feedback

nolimitholdem
11th Nov 2014, 20:00
Why would anyone keep any money in Dubai beyond the bare minimum to live on? In dirhams or any other currency?

Each 26th, keep what you need to pay the bills, move the rest out. Simple.

Vortex Thing
11th Nov 2014, 21:24
AMEX do you mean currency or current?

If currency then charges are not particularly unusual and with most banks here they are transactional to boot. Not something have much of at home but it depends on what you are using the account for I suppose.

colo18 I think there is another thread recently where we were all giving HSBC a well justified write up. NOT!!!

But on there we a fair few views of current sand pit dwellers were being aired.

ruserious
12th Nov 2014, 07:41
I am with NBD, as least worst option for me. Never, ever use their foreign money systems or transfers. Just withdraw cash and take it to Al Rostamani in Mall of Emirates, generally save about 900-1000 aed on transfers of 120K back to UK

PPRuNeUser0215
12th Nov 2014, 10:15
:) I mean what I wrote.
Currency account (GBP,USD,EUR) Not a current account

colo18
13th Nov 2014, 11:32
Thanks Vortex

Will check...