PDA

View Full Version : Web booking

arthurm
10th Nov 2014, 07:07
What web booking system do groups use?
Ideally it would allow booking, flight recording, discussion area and document storage.
Many thanks for any pointers

robin
10th Nov 2014, 15:57
Don't use one. 2 of my members aren't tech savvy so no point.

They all have copies of the documentation they need and we are encouraged to talk to each other. Email and web get in the way.....

Blink182
10th Nov 2014, 16:39
This one is completely free, and is easy and simple to use.

Aircraft Bookings (http://www.aircraftbookingsystem.com)

No connection with them, but just a happy user !

xrayalpha
10th Nov 2014, 16:45
We use www.goboko.com for bookings.

Paperwork is all copied and in personal folders.

There are many things that might do an all-in-one: google is pretty good with Google Drive, which we use for the airfield and flying school accounts and you can add a calender to it.

arthurm
11th Nov 2014, 06:46
for the pointers.

sapperkenno
11th Nov 2014, 07:05
We use Flybook (http://www.flybook.co.nz) which is free, and does the job, but absolutely crap in comparison to how those other two look and a bit fiddly!

pulse1
11th Nov 2014, 07:43
We use www.aircraftbookin.co.uk which costs £50 a year. It sends everyone an e mail when anyone books the aircraft. We find this quite useful especially if we sometimes want to share flights.

I quite like the look of Aircraft Bookings but couldn't see that it notified other members whenever a slot is booked.

londonblue
11th Nov 2014, 08:45
We use Yahoo! calendar. It works pretty well for us.

snchater
11th Nov 2014, 11:31
robin

I would expect any private pilot to have sufficient IT skills to access web-based Notams/weather briefings prior to flight.

With this level of competency then the web-based booking systems are very easy to use.

ChickenHouse
11th Nov 2014, 11:39
For what purpose?

A private Flying Club has other measures to a Flight School or commercially operated business and this differs from country to country also.

rarelyathome
11th Nov 2014, 12:44
Aircraft Bookings does email all members unless you tell it not to. It is an excellent, straightforward booking application.

riverrock83
11th Nov 2014, 13:44
We use calendar.live.com
No reason to make it any more complex than it needs to be.

Cusco
11th Nov 2014, 14:20
www.aircraftbooking.co.uk - Aircraft Booking System (http://www.aircraftbooking.co.uk:)

Ok it costs each member in our group 14p a week but it has stacks of other little things like reminding pilots when their medicals/ratings/ etc are due (and sends all this to me as administrator).

Allows members to update their details, message each other and send group messages.

Also allows a 'first dibs' on a booked slot if it becomes free but most of all instant problem solving by email from the owner.

Worth £50pa of anyone's money.

'Free' is not always best.

Cusco

rarelyathome
12th Nov 2014, 13:34
Don't think anybody's mentioned Airchunk which is free and does everything one could reasonably want.

arthurm
12th Nov 2014, 15:00
The problem I seem to be having is that nothing has a formal system to record usage.

e.g. booked G-ABCD 10:00 - 1200, no problem there,
but recording the Hobbs / Tacho and maybe take-off - landing or brakes off - on time are not addressed.

I'm looking at aircraftbooking.co.uk and trying to work out a way, perhaps using the message board system, to notify usage.

Anyway, Airchunck is next on the list to look at and someone has suggested "GoShared.com".

I see a lot of keyboard pounding in my future.

Many thanks for the advice and all pointers greatly appreciated.

A