PDA

View Full Version : Difference between ATPL/CPL whether it's taken in Poland, Iceland, or USA.

Haraldsen
9th Nov 2014, 15:55
I'm finally about to begin my dream of becoming an airline pilot.
I've got the money (My bank ;)), and I've been looking at different kinds of "complete packages - from 0 to ATPL schools" in Poland, Iceland and USA.

My question for you is; does the airlines, when it comes to recruitment, care about where you did take your education?
Whether it's on Iceland where you probably will be experiencing a lot of "challenging weather" compared to Poland where the weather often is better.

Jean-Francois
9th Nov 2014, 17:15
Hi there!
I did my training (modular) in Belgium where the weather is challenging and really good for ifr skills :-)
I live in Poland (EPWA) and I guess you have been digging about the different ATO.
Do not be afraid about the companies... They don't really care about it!
What I will recommend you to do is to be sure to choose the ATO which suits you the best! Ok it is hard to find it like this...
Some major ones such CTC, OAA and all CAE training centres have one BIG advantage... At least you will have interview with RYR, EZY but... It costs more than a regular modular training!
The other ATO are good as well and there is no doubt that you will find a good one as well... Maybe harder to catch interviews but...
It is at least the reality I am facing since I graduated (April 2013)

Good luck anyway