PDA

View Full Version : Beer for Accomodation

THE ANTICHRIST
31st May 2002, 02:44
Me and a mate are heading over to Africa in a few months to look for some work. Both of us are bush pilots from the Northern Territory in Australia looking for a floor to crash on as we cruise around. Beer will flow from the heavens for your help. Will most likely start in Botswana. ANY info on the best places to hit first and any survival info would be much appreciated also.

Cheers

B Sousa
31st May 2002, 16:48
Now thats what folks really want, a couple of the Aussies cluttering up their floors.......It never fails. I just got a call from my good Aussie friend who says, "Hey' Im at the airport, got room for a month or so??" I guess that means I am included in his itinerary. Oh well, there goes all my beer......

I. M. Esperto
31st May 2002, 16:53
Here's some free advice - STAY AWAY FROM AFRICA!

pantyripper
1st Jun 2002, 01:41
good to see our fellow aviator buddies are so inviting in Africa,
sort of response you'd get from a maf driver.

THE ANTICHRIST
1st Jun 2002, 02:52
mr esperto,WHY NOT?.............huh:confused:

I. M. Esperto
1st Jun 2002, 12:11
I've been there, and the conditions are so bad, most of the Sub Sahara areas are unlivable, and getting worse.

Depending of whose numbers you believe, AIDS infect between 25 and 50% of the population.

Nothing works - phones, hospitals, railroads, etc..

The only stable currency was the Rand, and now it is falling apart.

Suggest you research further before making the jump.

Have you ever been there?

B Sousa
1st Jun 2002, 17:45
I hope your refering to Africa North of South Africa. South Africa is probably one of the best tourist secrets on Earth.... The Wine Country of the Cape cant be compared to any other., , Knysna, on and on.... I first went there in about 91-92 and now we go there every year.
It has problems, but those can be avoided with a little common sense....

I. M. Esperto
1st Jun 2002, 18:07
Sousa - I was referring to sub-sahara Africa.

Aside from the items I mentioned, most of this part of Africa is faced with starvation, beginning at the end of this year. Some is in evidence now.

I am in contact with a fellow, Jan Lamprecht,

[email protected]

who is current with the situation.

Suggest you contact Jan.

B Sousa
1st Jun 2002, 23:22
"Aside from the items I mentioned, most of this part of Africa is faced with starvation, beginning at the end of this year. Some is in evidence now. "

OK, Understand.......and agree. Answers as to causation in Politics and Im not going to touch that....

4granted
2nd Jun 2002, 17:30
Dear Mr I.M. Esperto
Well Im sad to say the least that your experiences in Africa where so bad.
I always thought that your African experience depends on YOU not on AFRICA.
Glad to see that we wont be running into each other in our travels.
Ever thought what you could do for Africa....Not what Africa can do for you????
Stay home and get a life.
:(
4g the Demmi Nig....

I. M. Esperto
2nd Jun 2002, 18:02
4G - I'll do just that.

I notice you are posting from Geneva.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/bc.html
-Botswana People Top of Page
Population: 1,586,119

note: estimates for this country explicitly take into account the effects of excess mortality due to AIDS; this can result in lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality and death rates, lower population and growth rates, and changes in the distribution of population by age and sex than would otherwise be expected (July 2001 est.)
Age structure: 0-14 years: 40.3% (male 321,164; female 318,007)

15-64 years: 55.56% (male 423,954; female 457,227)

65 years and over: 4.14% (male 26,691; female 39,076) (2001 est.)
Population growth rate: 0.47% (2001 est.)
Birth rate: 28.85 births/1,000 population (2001 est.)
Death rate: 24.18 deaths/1,000 population (2001 est.)
Net migration rate: 0 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2001 est.)
Sex ratio: at birth: 1.03 male(s)/female

under 15 years: 1.01 male(s)/female

15-64 years: 0.93 male(s)/female

65 years and over: 0.68 male(s)/female

total population: 0.95 male(s)/female (2001 est.)
Infant mortality rate: 63.2 deaths/1,000 live births (2001 est.)
Life expectancy at birth: total population: 37.13 years

male: 36.77 years

female: 37.51 years (2001 est.)
Total fertility rate: 3.7 children born/woman (2001 est.)
HIV/AIDS - adult prevalence rate: 35.8% (1999 est.)
HIV/AIDS - people living with HIV/AIDS: 290,000 (1999 est.)
HIV/AIDS - deaths: 24,000 (1999 est.)

We won't be crossing paths. That is affirmative.

:p

Gunship
2nd Jun 2002, 19:50
Mr EXPERTo,

We use condoms against AIDS mate.... seeing that you changed the topic .. ANTICHRIST (strange name for a aviation newsgroup but anyway your opinion is your own) my penny's worth is look through all the old threads .. it will take you a while but a lot of GOOD threads where posted before.

Best of luck on the floor ...

4granted
2nd Jun 2002, 20:17
A bit of the topic I know... sorry but
Esperto.. So what??
Dont condem the continet and its people due to AIDS, lack of infrastructure etc etc. We all know why that is. Its so that big SUPER powers like USA, France and well anybody who so deems fit too can "rape and pilage" in the name of Democracy as they wish. Been there done that got that t shirt as they say. Its good for bussiness my friend and yet you still stand there on your pedastal and critisise Africa. Speak to your Congressman and ask him to stop suporting the wars in the Congo for Oil, Diamonds Coltan and Nuclear resources for YOUR space programs.Maybe just maybe Africa will get the chance to be somthing that even you could enthuse about.
Nuff said.....
4g...
p.s Geneva: ICRC, UNHCR, WHO ...etc

2nd Jun 2002, 21:14
Talk about getting off topic...? Now what's this all about? There's a lad out there from the Polar regions someplace; and he wants some of that African-Beer-Action! Now somebody, for goodnes sake, give it to him.

Forget about that Illinois Irritation called Esquirto! He's clearly just another loud-mouthed w*nk. I'm sorry; did I say w*nk? Obviously I meant yank! :D Those words just do so confuse me.

B Sousa
2nd Jun 2002, 21:40
4 Granted......... This comment needs a bit of backing...
"Its so that big SUPER powers like USA, France and well anybody who so deems fit too can "rape and pilage" in the name of Democracy as they wish. "

What does the USA get from Africa??....Its certainly not the payments on debts owed. Its certainly not food exports,nor clothing.
I think you will find that what the USA gets, they pay for...
It seems to me if you check, every time you folks in Africa elect someone, those officals rape their own countries and all end up on the social calender with villas in France and Switzerland.

I. M. Esperto
2nd Jun 2002, 21:42
I'm not condemning anyone. I am offering advice to a bloke who is considering a move to Botswana, and posting info for him to act on.

If he still want's to go, so be it, amen.

I wish him luck in either case.

Capt. Spud
3rd Jun 2002, 02:54
If the US is the SUPER power it reckons it is, then why does it still have a $6.0-6.6 Trillion dollar national debt?

Just a question..

PS. The Rand is horribly under-valued.

togabutton
3rd Jun 2002, 08:54
The stats may be true, but I have collected some of my best adventures and experiences in sub-saharan Africa. Not to mention the life-lasting friendships I have made with other pilots who shared these experiences. Sure it is a miserable place, but one can make it comfortable and the flying is awesome. Expect the unexpected and you will not be disappointed. Wouldn't want to do it forever, but I don't regret any of it. Gave me a good grounding in DF.

Don't knock it! It might not be for everyone, but you never know until you've tried. Might be wise to change your name AC, its not all that friendly and rubs folk in this God- fearing part of the world up the wrong way, but apart from that "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!!"

THE ANTICHRIST
3rd Jun 2002, 13:36
Mr Esperto- get out of aviation mate, it has become to much for you. I see aviation as a time for making great mates, sinking some good **** and doing some awesome flying, it doesn't matter what bloody problems are present in the region, ITS ALL GOOD! Thanks to everyone one else, and if the chance prevails a cold beer will come your way for your help. The forum name is not to offend anyone. sorry. There is a story though.

THE ANTICHRIST
3rd Jun 2002, 13:40
Oh yes, the moderation, instead of **** insert 'beer'.:)

I. M. Esperto
3rd Jun 2002, 13:55
I take neither orders nor suggestions from kids, or strippers.

BadAndy
3rd Jun 2002, 15:04
Anti-Christ,

Drop me an email at [email protected]. I'm getting ready to head back to Central-West Africa in less than a week. I may have some info for you.....

(By the way, you can't possibly be the anti-christ... my ex-girlfriend says I am the anti-christ, too...) :D

BadAndy

batty_boy
3rd Jun 2002, 17:34
esperto

it obviously wasnt for you , but thank god for three things.
1 you are in illinois
2 i'm not in illinois
3 you have retired.

nothing worse then a yank in africa who still has his stateside umbilical cord attached.

i cant be arsed reading your profile but if you were a captain then i would imagine there are alot of happy f'o s around now.

the biggest problem with africa is the knobs who visit it from the states.

if you want to campaign for somethin esperto why dont you try and get your usa licence written exams out of the nursery standard they are at.and maybe a few less tossers will get licences and go to africa

oh and another thing rant rant rant rant.............................

antichrist just go for it you'll love it.

yes esperto i am in europe now but not because africa was any of the things you said. and i am going back.

enjoy illinois you plonker.

3rd Jun 2002, 19:15
...and I thought I'd have to tell him...:D

B Sousa
3rd Jun 2002, 22:41
Yo.....Batty Boy, for those of us who dont speak english, whats a plonker.....or a knob?? Dont sound like friendly terms from this distance......ha ha

4granted
4th Jun 2002, 05:58
Esperto
You got any beer? I gotta place for you to stay! Maybe we can have long beer chats and come up with some kind of happy solution for Africa...hey its worth the try....
look forward to it!
4g:D

I. M. Esperto
4th Jun 2002, 21:04
If I were into *******, I wouldn't advertise it, Batty.

B Sousa
5th Jun 2002, 06:22
"If the US is the SUPER power it reckons it is, then why does it still have a $6.0-6.6 Trillion dollar national debt?

Just a question..

PS. The Rand is horribly under-valued"

Cant answer that one, Capt Spud.........But one for you is if things suck so much in the states, why are you in Prescott Arizona.....You can always train in SA with the undervalued Rand....

Capt. Spud
5th Jun 2002, 06:40
I never stated that I didn't enjoy it over here.

Don't get me wrong Bert, I love it out here. I am extremely fortunate to be here. I truly am spoilt ! :rolleyes:

But I also really miss home. I realise how cheaply I could get excellent training back in SA but I moved here with my parents and it looks like I am going to stay here.

I have tried to convince them (my parents) to let me go fly back home and save them a literal fortune, but to no avail.

Cheers

Craig

I. M. Esperto
5th Jun 2002, 12:22
Batty, Anti, et al:
TROLL:

An individual who chronically or regularly posts specious arguments, flames
or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no
other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are
recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about
the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly
creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics,
and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net

B Sousa
5th Jun 2002, 15:26
Esperto,

Relax, I dated a Troll some time ago. She wasnt bad either...... or was that a Trollop.......Oh Well

Criag,

Sounds like you have it good, tell the folks to keep footing the bills....Your at Embry/Riddle as I remember?? Get that degree first and the flying second and if you really want to lose money, get a Helicopter add-on.

batty_boy
6th Jun 2002, 19:41
et al?????

dont they have a base in tel aviv

well spotted esperto i am indeed a lowlife, but be very worried as i can do the same job as you but probably better as its easier to think clearly when your head is not surrounded by anal passage.

do you have a problem with gay flite deck and why shouldn i advertise it.

see ya big boy .