PDA

View Full Version : New Book - Beyond the Horizon - The History of AEW&C Aircraft

It's Life Jim 208
7th Nov 2014, 09:18
Hi All,

Just a quick post to let everyone know here on PPRune that my new book "Beyond the Horizon - The History of AEW & C Aircraft" is being launched this coming weekend at Scale Model World 2014 being held at the International Centre in Telford.

The book is being released on the Aviation Bookshop stand and I'm assured that there will be a "special show price" for buyers at the show. I will be there doing a book signing with Tom Cooper who illustrated our book for Sergio and I with some of his superb side views. Tom will also be releasing his new book "African MiGs Vol 5" at the show.

During the compilation of the book I had some assistance from a few members of this forum, (they know who they are and I will be forever grateful) it was a long difficult road putting the book together then editing it down to fit into 256 pages, but we got there in the end. A quick appeal here, I am desperately trying to get hold of Mike Freer ( a well known aviation photographer), he contributed several pictures for the book and Harpia Publishing want to send Mike his free copy. Unfortunately his email address that I have for him does not seem to work anymore can anyone put me in touch with him please.

Cheers

Ian Shaw

It's Life Jim 208
7th Nov 2014, 13:47
Sadly I have just heard this afternoon that Mike Freer has passed away. Very sad news indeed as he was a very kind and true Gent who assisted me greatly by allowing me to use some of his superd photos in the book, RIP Mike. My condolences have been passed onto his son.

Ian