PDA

View Full Version : VB's New tart image thanks to FHM

MICHEAL STIPE
30th May 2002, 23:46
Wonderful smart Arze comments from Passengers now that the FHM thing is underway....
Anyone experienced this?????

Good way of degrading the Standards, suppose next thing is we'll be having to give Blow Jobs as part of the New EBA!!!!!

What'll we charge for a Head Work??????? $50.00, maybe.
Could perhaps put pictures in Voyeur in the Staff Pages at the Back.

Such a joke of a company am so glad to getting into a real Mainline Carrier.

Still , its Br@tt's BABY!!!!!!!!!!

ditzyboy
31st May 2002, 07:20
Blame FHM for DJs image.....

Some airlines have a pastey old tart image and they did it all by themselves. :-)

Sonique
1st Jun 2002, 00:12
Well when you do a demonstration to the pax of " bum aerobics " mid flight and hire ex gold goast meter maids as flight attendants then you can kinda expect that the public might get that perception. :rolleyes: Virgin Blue = YAWN

Heard on a recent VB flight out of SYD

Male F/a - " Everyone say hello to Candy, Candy is one of our new f/a's, she used to be a gold coast meter maid "

Candy - " Red Faced, giggle giggle, then shakes her chest "

Male f/a - " MMMMMMMM, can you imagine candy in a bikini "

( true story, f/a's name changed for privacy )

MICHEAL STIPE
2nd Jun 2002, 06:36
God and the list goes on no doubt !!!!!!!!!!

****!!!!

Poco Loco
9th Jun 2002, 00:47
Mic,
You are a sour puss aren't you! By the look of your last post on another thread in this forum, doesn't sound like you got your position with the mainline carrier.

Wirraway
9th Jun 2002, 08:58
Interesting post from M. Stipe on the 11th April on "Flight Ops, Crewing and Dispatch"

MICHEAL STIPE
Still just another number
posted 11th April 2002 09:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Op's Job Wanted in Australia
Hi all .

In Australia and after an Operations Job anywhere.....
G.A or Airline.

If anyone has any Info on Anything going it would most certainly be appreciated.

Does anyone know how to get a foot in with Virgin Blue at All????

Thanks to all replies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering the defamatry remarks made claiming to be a
Virgin Blue flight attendent when obviously he is not bears
thinking about.

Wirraway

Evacu8
9th Jun 2002, 13:23
Agree Wirraway....considering his profile mentions no cabin crew position, yet claims to be G-V endorsed as a pilot ... methinks this boy is stirring the pot.... his post against AN cabin crew at the Aussie Interviews seems to make him appear to be someone wanting to be in the industry, but in no way actually associated with it at the moment.

I wouldnt believe, or validate, this one's opinions at all.

The post requesting info as an OPS/ Crewing person would give more creedence to my humble assumption. ;)

TLA
9th Jun 2002, 14:32
Wirraway, I would prefer to hear you opinion of the topic raised rather than your opinions of the poster.

I am capable of forming my own opinion of the posts and the source of them.

I am new to PPrune and notice a range of opinions and views in the posts on these boards.

I may not agree with all the opinions raised here but I see a greater learning curve in debating the individual merit of the opinion rather than the individual.

I believe the moderator's have addressed Michael Stripe's posts. Let's leave them to sort it out.

That's just my opinion....

Exotic-Temptress
15th Jun 2002, 13:25
Michael

I work for VB as cabin crew, and i would have to agree with you on this matter.

Many of us don't like the image that is being colonised. Unfortunately there may be a few who love the attention, who thrive on this kind of image..its sad because these few girls ruin it for the majority.

We aren't there to parade ourselves, nor are we there to be looked upon as sex objects. I don't appreciate certain vulgar male pax, throw sexual connotations, knowing im there for their safety ONLY.

VB is a fantastic airline, and the people who work for VB are unique in their own personal way. Its an amazing airline and it will continue to grow. I've met many wonderful and respectable people, so i hope for all who read this, i wish them to know that we are professionals and the one thing that makes us different is that we are REAL..and love to have fun.

We are a lot more compassionate towards our guests and if we go that extra further, its because we care and wish to offer unique service without the stuffy attitude involved.

I hope this stigma doesn't build further. I'm not trashy, nor do i wish to be genaralised...and i speak on behalf of many cabin crew.

pilotwolf
15th Jun 2002, 14:45
E.T.

Whilst I agree with your post...

We aren't there to parade ourselves, nor are we there to be looked upon as sex objects.

Is your user name really appropiate?

:rolleyes:

Exotic-Temptress
15th Jun 2002, 15:01
Maybe my chosen nic may not be suitable, but its not a reflection of who we are in life.

This is the beauty of cyberworld, you can chose to be whatever you wish, and not worry about reality.

You can make it as fun as you wish, as prevocative, and as silly as you wish, without any inhibitions.....now is that such a crime?

So if you chose to judge based on a 'cyber name'..that then becomes your perogative, and will let you be.

cabinboy
16th Jun 2002, 00:27
Exoctic Temptress,

I have noticed you have made a few postings and seem to be a new member......so WELCOME to PPRUNE - CABIN CREW FORUM.

It's good to have someone from VB on here and a fellow Brisvegas local on board whose not afraid to speak up !

Regards,

CABINBOY :p

airbrake42
18th Jun 2002, 00:37
When you apply to VB you know what your in for.
The selling point for VB is the people on board with the silly games, the once upon a time cheaper than QF airfares and the lack of service.
You applied for the job you live with it or find a new one!

true vdd

vdd
18th Jun 2002, 00:51
Dear Airbrake42,

I agree that when you apply for a job at VB you pretty much know what you are in for.....i.e. their culture of fun etc. And true, if you don't like it.... then leave.

They do a good job just like their fellow Qantas airline colleagues.

Cheers
:D :D :D ;)

FloatJockey
18th Jun 2002, 11:20
...and they wake up every morning knowing they'll have to say 800 times "would you like to purchase anything?"... and go on selling baseball hats! :D :D

I don't know how I would cope with that... Three months after my VB interview, I can honestly say that I am definitely not what they are looking for. :eek:

VB was my first interview here in Oz and being "rejected" gave me the opportunity to find out about other airlines I would really prefere working for.

I am sure most VB girls are nice and capable people, but the way the company wants them to "run the show" doesn't suit me too well. As a passenger it's okay, as a flight attendant I don't think I would be happy, honestly... Hopefully I'll find my little cm3 in the industry...

Exotic-Temptress, how do you feel about working for a low fare airline? Would you think of changing team down the track or are you a super-motivated VB "yo-yo-yo" girl? (just teasing a bit!) :)

Mrs. FloatJockey

Exotic-Temptress
2nd Jul 2002, 14:54
Floatjockey

I'm sorry that you find 'working' for a job', is hard work. Whether you sell, joke, be happy is such an effort, i would hate to ask what your average working day consists of.

What did you think the prerequists for a FA involved????? handing out trays, clearing trays, tea, coffee!!!

Sweetheart, VB culture has broken away from that bland and boring service. We interact and get involved with what we do. It does vary from flight to flight, be it that we get out in the cabin and make some childs flight to be the most memorable, most thrilling of his/hers experience.....personalise our service based on each individuals need...and show compassion to a needy mother in need of help with her infant.

All thats mentioned, can only be obtained through making our day be as pleasant as possible, which shows through our energy, performance and smile :D .

Babe...its work ethics and being part of a great airline, that gives us the energy and motivation...not youth, not sexiness, nor is it ''prior flying experience''.....