PDA

View Full Version : LAC receives notice to quit Barton ?

A and C
5th Nov 2014, 11:13
I have been told that the LAC flying school has been served an eviction notice and has to leave Barton within the month.

Can anyone confirm this ?

NOTE LAC flying school should not be confused with the Lancashire Aero Club.

Treadstone1
5th Nov 2014, 15:06
A & C

Yes it is true, 7th December is the day they have to leave by, apparently the owner is in Thailand and not back until 15th December, leaving the school and the instructors up the you know where without a paddle... Yet Again..:ugh::ugh:

Shaggy Sheep Driver
5th Nov 2014, 16:35
Anyone know why? Or if they are setting up elsewhere?

A and C
5th Nov 2014, 17:31
I was told it was because of unpaid rent over a prolonged period but as usual with these things the truth and the rumour could well be poles apart.

N707ZS
5th Nov 2014, 21:13
If they owe money to the airfield I am surprised that there assets will be allowed to leave the airfield. Peel usually impound aircraft owned by none paying clients.

Kestrel
6th Nov 2014, 04:38
A and C

Your spot on actually re truth and rumour

LAC will be fine

Rumours can be very damaging in this context

To anybody else posting in this thread please only post fact in order adhere to the site rules.

Thank you

Cows getting bigger
6th Nov 2014, 05:39
I know nothing of the specific LAC/Barton issue.

However, having been a landlord, kicking a business tenant out by serving a months notice is not the way to go. The tenant can claim all sorts of 'business squatters rights' and it all gets very public (and expensive) way before eviction date.

The sensible way to actually start getting rid of a tenant for non-payment of rent is to send the bailiffs round with a big padlock 21 days after the due date for rent payment. Any discussion with the tenant about the late/non-payment of rent during that 21 day period implies negotiation and brings continued tenants rights.

I'm guessing we're only getting a bit of the true story as far as LAC is concerned.

corsair12
6th Nov 2014, 09:42
In regards to the incorrect rumours posted in this forum we have decided to clear the air.

Firstly, the rumour that we are being evicted from the airfield is completely FALSE!

We have only been asked to remove/relocate the cabin that we use to operate on the airfield with, to allow Peel to begin construction on an internal airfield road that runs through where we are located.

We will not answer any more questions on the subject as it is only a small matter that will not affect any of our operations.

Regards,
LAC Flying School