PDA

View Full Version : Lean fuel "knob"

shumway76
3rd Nov 2014, 23:03
I was checking out a 1973 Cessna A150 Aerobat, and noticed that directly beneath the mixture control knob, is a smaller square knob (which looks just like the carb heat knob but smaller) labelled "Fuel lean..." something something not quite legible.
Can't find anything on the Owners Manual on that knob.

Any ideas?

p/s Apologies can't post a picture, did not have a camera when I was at the aircraft...

9 lives
4th Nov 2014, 00:40
I've never heard of such a thing. If you can provide a photo next time, it would be interesting to see. If this is a modification, it very certainly would require a flight manual supplement. But, from what you describe, it treads far into territory which would not be approveable. I suggest asking the aircraft owner what it's about...

Mach Jump
4th Nov 2014, 04:24
...labelled "Fuel lean..." something something not quite legible.

The mixture control in the Cessna 150 is labeled 'Mixture' above the knob, and 'Pull Lean' below the knob.

Directly below the mixture control, on some models of C150, are the Cabin Air/Heat controls, which look quite like the Carb Heat. They are labeled 'Cabin Air' and 'Cabin Heat'

I think that it's one of these you are looking at.

With the passage of time, and fading of the captions, you are perhaps, mis-reading the 'Pull Lean' caption for 'Fuel Lean' and associating it with the knob below it, rather than the one above.

Hope that helps.

MJ:ok:

A and C
5th Nov 2014, 14:40
So you are checked out on an aircraft and yet you don't know what all the controls do........... Mmmmmmm ??

Says a lot about the quality of the training & checkout !!!!!

fatmanmedia
5th Nov 2014, 14:46
the OP was checkING out not being checked out.

Fats

LookingForAJob
5th Nov 2014, 17:27
Meldex, I think you'll find that you the full label in your car is missing a 'Y' at the end. I think I had a similar one once - whenever I touched some buttons I ended up taking it into the garage, out of the garage, and then into the garage again, and so on.

ShyTorque
5th Nov 2014, 18:29
My car has one which says "CHOK".

I pull it on hard when parking on a hill, saves wear on the handbrake.

flybymike
5th Nov 2014, 22:54
I suppose someone has one labelled "yoke" which takes off when pulled back.

4forward8back
6th Nov 2014, 01:52
Meldex, I think you'll find that you the full label in your car is missing a 'Y' at the end. I think I had a similar one once - whenever I touched some buttons I ended up taking it into the garage, out of the garage, and then into the garage again, and so on.

Brilliant! :D