PDA

View Full Version : Helicopters cause PTSD

Left_Pedal
30th Oct 2014, 05:03
Also posted in Rotorheads, but this is a bit home grown.

Helicopters flying overhead apparently cause negative emotional & psychological trauma.

Amongst other things....

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad232/Campany_Family/IMG_8899.jpg

Stationair8
30th Oct 2014, 06:14
Whinging nimby!

Probably drives a Toyota Prius to save the Dolphins!

wishiwasupthere
30th Oct 2014, 06:33
Actually, she probably drives a Toorak Tractor but wouldn't see the irony!

kingRB
30th Oct 2014, 06:53
what are helicopter pilors :confused:

Freewheel
30th Oct 2014, 09:12
Wow.

I'm amazed the author manages to read the newspaper, providing as it does an annoying rustling as the pages are turned, with the attendant risk of paper cuts.

It sounds to me as though anything the author doesn't like IS a life or death emergency, ergo having a helicopter constantly overhead would be an ideal solution. :ok:

Hasherucf
30th Oct 2014, 10:03
You get PTSD from working on them :-/

megan
30th Oct 2014, 13:07
the author doesn't like ISDoes anybody like IS? :E

ShyTorque
30th Oct 2014, 13:13
OUR airspace?

She actually thinks she OWNS airspace? Does she have it on the deeds of her property?

YPJT
30th Oct 2014, 14:37
Pretentious self righteous cow

50 50
30th Oct 2014, 18:06
I propose everyone mark this woman's property on your WAC and make it a mandatory fly over point, in support of Wild Blue Helicopters.

If there is a runway nearby we should all drop in and say G'day, perhaps some aeros overhead would put the "emotional and psychological trauma" into perspective. I for one will happily burn some fuel and go out of my way to give this woman the sh!ts.

It's about time GA was no longer beholden to the whims of a single whinger, and the greater good is considered.

yr right
30th Oct 2014, 19:07
Mmm me wonders if she like wind turbines ?

Squawk7700
30th Oct 2014, 20:27
I suspect the cause is more PMS related.

Fris B. Fairing
30th Oct 2014, 21:16
Her last sentence says it all. She wants a referendum :ugh:

yr right
30th Oct 2014, 23:29
50/50
A long time ago at Camden. They allowed houses to be located just of the strip. Residence complained then about the aircraft noise. On person said they fly so low I can here them changing gears above my place. Word got out quickly and everyone revved up and down over this particular persons house. Was then in joke for years. Strange but ture

50 50
30th Oct 2014, 23:39
I have heard that story before, there's also Watts Bridge in Qld. One clown has built exactly on the extended centreline, then complains about aircraft over his farmhouse. It's not like he was running short of room, it's a bloody farm!

Desert Flower
31st Oct 2014, 02:52
I propose everyone mark this woman's property on your WAC and make it a mandatory fly over point, in support of Wild Blue Helicopters.

And if you can somehow manage to drop a sickbag or two right over her house so much the better! :E

DF.

YPJT
31st Oct 2014, 03:07
I do the occasional Angel Flight into YMGT. More than happy to lose navigational awareness and do some searching for the airstrip on the way in. :ok:

As she is so offended by aircraft noise, you would hope that she does not have the hypocrisy to board a commercial flight anywhere that just might fly over someone elses house during the take-off or approach.

Led Zep
31st Oct 2014, 03:18
Since when did a Robbo go, "wump-wump-wump"? She must have had Apocalypse Now stuck in the VCR for the last 30 years. :}

The Banjo
31st Oct 2014, 05:40
Too many episodes of *M*A*S*H*. The Bell-47 obviously sent her crazy.

It was Hot Lips Houlihan that did it for me........:p

Nautilus Blue
31st Oct 2014, 07:13
"It is impossible to overestimate the negative emotional and psychological trauma experienced by ordinary people on the ground. I feel threatened and seriously violated by the sound of helicopters flying overhead, with emotional reactions ranging from mild fear and annoyance, to anger and paranoia."

At the risk on being pompous/patronising and assuming thats not just hyperbole to get the point across, that makes me think the author has serious problems and genuinely needs help. A reaction that extreme to a not unusual event surely points to something else?

50 50
31st Oct 2014, 09:39
Desert flower, if you can find her address I'll take a sh!t on her windshield, while she's in the car, at a red light, on Pitt street, at 2pm, on a Tuesday. I'll even use a small stick to sign the damn thing.

Don't want to touch it, that would be gross. :)

AerocatS2A
31st Oct 2014, 09:55
At the risk on being pompous/patronising and assuming thats not just hyperbole to get the point across, that makes me think the author has serious problems and genuinely needs help. A reaction that extreme to a not unusual event surely points to something else?
Helicopters flying overhead makes her paranoid and fearful? Probably worried about her crop. Smoking it just increases the paranoia.

waren9
31st Oct 2014, 10:12
long running issue, remember reading about it some time ago. i think the operator had agreed to modify flight paths around the sensitive bits?

trouble is

living in smaller rural type towns, the local chopper outfit that does the annoying scenic joy rides often is also the first call with the bucket for firefighting, search and rescue for lost boaties or trampers and sometimes even the nearest medivac option.

i think the operator does have some responsibility regards fitting in with the community but that moaner needs to think about the implications for her and her community should that operator go out of business because he cant supplement his income

cattletruck
31st Oct 2014, 10:26
Regrettably there are people paranoid about helicopters flying overhead, they honestly (and selfishly) believe they are being filmed by the helicopter (they are watching too much TV perhaps). It's just like those chemtrail clowns who refuse to believe otherwise.

As Scott Adams of Dilbert fame says in his autobiography - people make up their minds then find ways to justify it.

Sadly, the author has a personal issue and needs help, and it has bugger all to do with helicopters.

When the Caulfield Cup is on we get a few helicopters buzzing around for hours getting the TV footage. It's only mildly annoying and an acceptable hinderance considering the benefits the horse race brings to our local community - just like the temporary road closures aound the track which are more of an inconvenience.

Hempy
31st Oct 2014, 10:32
R22s do...it's the stress of waiting for the rubber band to snap! :eek::}

Desert Flower
31st Oct 2014, 16:32
It's just like those chemtrail clowns who refuse to believe otherwise.

That's exactly how paranoid my next door neighbor is. She believes in chemtrails, & she also believes that just because my old office (ATCO hut) from the airport) is alongside the fence that divides her rental property from ours that I am standing in it spying on her from the window!

DF.

Tinstaafl
31st Oct 2014, 18:56
You should get hold of an old mannequin, dress it in some of your clothing and stand it in the window, DF. Preferably with some binos to it's face. See how she reacts to that!

Desert Flower
1st Nov 2014, 05:00
You should get hold of an old mannequin, dress it in some of your clothing and stand it in the window, DF. Preferably with some binos to it's face. See how she reacts to that!

Hmmm - now there's a thought! :E

DF.

Pinky the pilot
1st Nov 2014, 07:27
As for the grizzling Nimby; I have an idea.:uhoh:

Take one Helicopter, painted entirely black with no visible registration markings. :ooh:

Flight Crew all in identical black flight suits with black helmets and visors pulled down to obscure their faces.:ooh::ooh:

Hover near said Nimby's house until occupant notices. Flight crew to appear to stare at occupant, making no gestures or movements whatsoever!:eek:

Helicopter then departs, never to be seen again.:hmm:

And yes I know; That would all probably be highly illegal but wtf, I can dream, can't I?:D:confused:

Desert Flower
1st Nov 2014, 07:42
I've been thinking about buying a drone & launching it in the area so the drone next door can see it & start freaking out that it is spying on her!

DF.

Squawk7700
1st Nov 2014, 08:48
Pinky, you would need a Black Hughes 500 / 369 or Notar model for the full effect. Vietnam style.

She's lucky HEMS don't go there, the 412 can be a noisy beast depending on the alt and wind etc.