PDA

View Full Version : 78 Sqn Khormaksar, 1967

Herod
29th Oct 2014, 17:42
Trying to fill in a few blanks in the hope of a reunion. As a start; Ron Beatson, Mick Charles, Dave Cramp and Don Rigby. Clues anyone? (also posted on Where are they now)

blongb
30th Oct 2014, 21:21
The last contact I had with Dave Cramp he was living in Higher Kinnerton just outside Chester. No address or phone number though as we haven't worked together since the Brent offshore closed down at the end of 1997. You could always try Bristow H.R. as he must be drawing his pension by now.

I didn't make Sharjah until 69 but was on 84 Sqd. in those days :ok:

CharlieOneSix
31st Oct 2014, 14:14
There's a David A Cramp, age 65+, who according to the Electoral Roll for the last 12 years has lived in Tarporley, just a 17 mile drive from Higher Kinnerton. He's in the BT online phone book. Not saying it is the same one, just posted due to the close proximity to the previous poster's suggestion, but it might be worth a call.

From memory Dave would be about 72 now.

Herod
3rd Nov 2014, 19:49
Thanks guys, We now have Dave Cramp and Mick Charles on board. Let's add Don Sissons and Trevor Wood.

CharlieOneSix
3rd Nov 2014, 21:45
Don Sissons! There's a name that used to fill me with dread back in the early 1970's when he was with the CAA. He did my initial helicopter instrument rating - or Certificate of Competence as it was back then as the rating didn't exist and wasn't enshrined in law for a few more years. Nice man who I flew with many times but his name with his examiner's hat on still makes me tremble!

The only suggestion I have is that as he was with the CAA when he retired is to try their pensions people and see if they would forward a letter or email.

TipCap
12th Nov 2014, 15:15
Don did my Instrument Rating on the Wessex 60 in 1972.

I remember a downwind ILS at Marham which made for a very interesting IR examination.