PDA

View Full Version : ADF PILOT HOPEFUL

Poya
27th Oct 2014, 06:18
Hi my name is Poya and I am new to this forum.

I was wondering if there are any current or ex Australian Defence Force pilots that could potentially help me out at all with a few questions I have.

Quick overview of where I'm at now, basically I have applied to join the ADF as a pilot (undergrad direct entry). I am 20 years old and I first put my application in 2011. I failed my initial YOU-session. I dedicated a year to studying at TAFE to get pre-requisite subjects needed to get in and re-sat my test and got in this time.
What followed was my Air Crew testing which, I unfortunately failed..
Not to lose hope, I decided to get a full time job, save money and gain some more life experience while I waited to re-sit my Air Crew testing (as there is a mandatory 1 year waiting period). That period is due to end soon. I have been studying and practicing to get ready for it again but I still have quite a lot ahead of me, hence why I joined this forum.

Basically I have a number of different questions in regards to the pilot role in the Air Force to help solidify myself better with the interviewers and also to help myself gain more confidence through knowledge. One of my questions is that I wish to know how many and what kind of secondary duties do pilots have in the ADF? I am also somewhat confused about the income and salary, (I only care about salary because I need to be aware of it). I'm not joining for the money, I understand theres more money to be made civil... but from my understanding first year Pilot officers (undergrad) have a $45K p/a income + allowance, is this correct?

Also another question, in terms of the Police history check.. I don't have any criminal convictions, never been to court in my life for anything. But I do have a few speeding tickets which, over time lead to a license suspension as a result of demerit point accumulation. Does this pose a serious issue for me getting in at all? It might sound silly but only because I am extremely serious about my ambition and I want to know whatever I can to help myself better my chances.

I also would like some insight into what the recruiters are specifically looking for in an applicant so that I can prepare myself better.

Apologies for the lengthiness of my questions and message. Would very highly appreciate any help I can get from any ADF pilots or ex ADF pilots or any other ADF pilot hopefuls like myself.

layman
28th Oct 2014, 03:01
Poya

This thread will be closed cause there is a long running thread (since 2001) that possibly will answer all your questions.

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/333897-raaf-flight-screening-program-merged.html

It will take you a while but look, read, and learn before you ask questions. You may just find the answers yourself!

cheers
layman

Poya
28th Oct 2014, 14:06
okay cheers for the link, I was not aware of that threads existence.