PDA

View Full Version : Agusta 109E Initial Type Rating Course

HIFS
25th Oct 2014, 06:35
Fellow Pilots,

Am looking for where I can do a type rating course on Agusta 109E. I did my training on Robinson 66 helicopter so I have turbine experience already.

I contacted AgustaWestland in Italy but it was very expensive. I contacted Castle Air in the UK, their training fees was reasonable but the only issue is EASA's First Multi-Engine Pre - Entry course requirement that I have to meet before I can do the type rating course with them. The Pre - Entry course will take roughly 1 month and I don't have that time.

A company I contacted in South Africa can do it but don't have the aircraft or the simulator.

I need where I can do the type rating course as soon as possible. My would be employer wants me to get a type rating course before engaging me.

Thanks for your response.

GipsyMagpie
25th Oct 2014, 11:43
Bristows Gloucester, Sloanes. Beware other companies who overcharge for groundschool. Try contacting Al Davis. Legend.

GoodGrief
25th Oct 2014, 12:10
Going to fly for the Bishop ?
The preentry only takes a day or two and is sort of part of the type rating.
Why would you need a EASA pre entry. The rating is for your Nigerian CPL, right ?

HIFS
26th Oct 2014, 05:17
I just need a job to kick start my aviation career. I have applied to Bristow, Caverton, OAS, Atlantic Aviation, NPF.

The rating is for my Nigerian CPL. The company I contacted in UK for the training brought up the EASA pre-entry. It is not part of their type rating course. It is a separate program. www.captonline.com/firstme.html

The program is 4 weeks distance learning, 2 days lectures in UK and an examination before I can start the type rating with the other company.

Do you know where I can do it?

Thanks.

flight beyond sight
26th Oct 2014, 16:30
Helicopter Services at Wycombe can do it in conjunction with Phil Croucher

PLKM
26th Oct 2014, 18:31
You can try this option in Italy.

www.alidaunia.it (http://www.alidaunia.it)

They have one or more 109E and they are certified for type rating courses.