PDA

View Full Version : Your RNP procedure over the Pacific

JammedStab
24th Oct 2014, 16:09
From what I have been able to figure out(subject to any corrections) for RNP 10 airspace ops....

....RNP-10 does not require performance monitoring and alerting, as do the other RNP designations.

Our Boeing FMC's default to RNP-12 in Pacific RNP-10 airspace. Do others out there just leave the FMC in RNP-12 or do you manually select RNP-10. If you do select RNP-10 is it due to regulatory requirement, company procedure, or just because you want to?

Why the default of RNP-12?

ImbracableCrunk
24th Oct 2014, 17:53
Ours go to -10 when we lose ground-based navaids. 73NG.

cribble
25th Oct 2014, 02:53
Our B777s automatically go to RNP4 in Oceanic a couple of minutes after leaving domestic airspace (entering KZAK NZZO YBBB it's 4, I think it is the same in RJJJ but I haven't been that way for a while).

I assume the ND displays of RNP and ANP below the aircraft triangle are the same on all versions?

I see from FAA Order 8400.12 (the one I am referring to is dated 11/9/11- may have changed since then) that the only Navspecs for Oceanic and remote area ops are RNP10 and RNP4.

Fratemate
25th Oct 2014, 03:23
Our 767s default to 12 but we overtype this with 4, obviously because we are RNP 4 'capable'. Because RNP 10 doesn't really exist (it being RNAV 10) there is not actually a requirement to enter 10 in the FMC, since alerting is obviously not required for RNAV, only RNP, but I've seen guys do it and I've got not problem with that since it's not actually doing any harm to have the ANP monitored. I have always wondered the same thing why it defaults to 12 when it's RNAV/RNP 10 but I just shut up and drive the thing instead :)

Edited to add: when I say RNP 10 doesn't really exist I'm talking Japanese (JCAB) world, whereas reality may vary quite considerably.

JammedStab
27th Oct 2014, 13:19
I have always wondered the same thing why it defaults to 12 when it's RNAV/RNP 10 but I just shut up and drive the thing instead :)

Anybody know why it defaults to 12 on some aircraft? Perhaps the way it was before RNP-10 came into being.