PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Heads to be sealed

Squawk7700
24th Oct 2014, 03:51
I'm surprised that the usual Peanut Gallery members, the fat lady, Jethro Gibbs and others haven't commented on this yet plus the usual banter about the caravan being parked on it :ugh:

Another thumbs up for Gordon Rich-Phillips.

Barwon Heads Grant boosts Aviation in Geelong (http://www.australianflying.com.au/news/barwon-heads-grant-boosts-aviation-in-geelong?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter+24+October+2014&utm_content=Newsletter+24+October+2014+CID_e14598c613e6671a0 193e852a2fc66b9&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20softw)

peterc005
24th Oct 2014, 05:31
Hooray.

Let's hope it's not an "election promise".

gerry111
24th Oct 2014, 09:57
Next Victorian State election is 29th Nov 2014.

Don't get your hopes up too much.

BlatantLiar
24th Oct 2014, 22:58
Instead of having hangar raves and mowing grass maybe members of the aeroclub will actually start flying again.

parabellum
25th Oct 2014, 00:36
Wouldn't it be cheaper, (cost less tax dollars), to utilise the grass strips at Avalon and subsidise landing and parking fees at the main airport for those needing tarmac?

Squawk7700
25th Oct 2014, 04:39
They are 40 mins drive apart from each other on a good run, then add in Geelong peak hour and they are certainly not close airports, particularly if you are talking air ambulances, charter flights and the like. Barwon will effectively service the Peninsula nicely.

free on board
12th Sep 2015, 09:11
The runway has been sealed.
Thank tax payers for the grant to seal a private strip.
The lies in the grant application must have worked as Mr Rich Phillips fell for it.
Try landing at YBRS and you will soon discover how unfriendly they are.
The general public have been had and there should be an investigation into the whole thing.
There are starving and homeless people going without and these people were given a large grant to seal a private runway.
What a joke.

FoolCorsePich
12th Sep 2015, 21:52
The runway has been sealed.
Thank tax payers for the grant to seal a private strip.
The lies in the grant application must have worked as Mr Rich Phillips fell for it.

Good lobbying takes the cake.

Try landing at YBRS and you will soon discover how unfriendly they are.

When I visited there I paid my landing fee and didn't do any silly stuff like join overheard with my Bo sitting at 2500RPM or leave my plane parked overnight on the run-up pad. I think it's the morons that get pulled up for doing said stuff and go and propagate the opinion of it being an 'unfriendly' airport.

The general public have been had and there should be an investigation into the whole thing.

Sure, after Lethbridge and Tyabb have theirs.

Curiously what's behind your motivation to dig up this thread and vent in such a manner?

Squawk7700
12th Sep 2015, 21:55
I've had nothing but good experiences when landing there. Borrowed a car, had a tour around. Great people with a great little airfield in a really good location.

rs480
13th Jul 2016, 04:16
I have just been advised that Eddie Edwards on behalf of the owners of Barwon Heads Airport has refused to allow the Geelong Aero Club to host FunFlight at the Barwon Heads Airport this year.:yuk:

FunFlight is purely volunteer-run and established to provide children touched by adversity, with joy and inspiration through the exhilaration of flight.:D

The Geelong Aero Club has been involved in FunFlight for a number of years with members only too willing to donate their time and the use of their aircraft, but not this year.:D

I wonder if all the Airport owners were consulted prior to making this decision as there are a number including Edwards that are Geelong Aero Club members.:confused:

Edwards and Brooks have decided to punish the Kids because the Geelong Aero Club won’t curtail to their unassociated unreasonable demands.:ugh:

Edwards also states local politicians (Henderson and Ramsay) have requested the vehicular traffic to the airport from the highway be reduced for safety. :mad:

I find this statement strange as the Airport owners received a $651,000 before GST Government Grant (conditional that the Airport is open for Public Use for 5 years) to seal the runway and install a PAL system to allow 24hr 365 day use to expand the aviation business conducted from the Airport and then the local politicians (Henderson and Ramsay) require the vehicular traffic to be reduced.:eek:

It’s a sad day in aviation when a charity is refused help because of personal vendettas.

Paul O'Rourke
13th Jul 2016, 05:31
Is this to do with insurance?

If not then do it out of Cobden. You could take in the 12 Apostles. 🙏🏻

pol
13th Jul 2016, 06:39
No they have a personal agenda with the Aero Club.

The Aero Club has a hangar on the field with a lease and IMO from the documentation I have seen they want the Club gone so they can get their greedy hands on the hangar.

Not a pleasant place

Paul O'Rourke
13th Jul 2016, 07:02
That is most unfortunate for the children and the act of community contribution. I hope you can come to some arrangement or seek alternative facilities close by.

Alloverit
13th Jul 2016, 11:11
Seems very strange, been in there plenty of times, always greeted with a smile and have borrowed the "loan car" several times as well, usually pretty quiet and not much traffic, I'm sure there's more to this than meets the eye.

Squawk7700
13th Jul 2016, 11:52
Maybe it could be run out of TigerMoth world instead?

rs480
14th Jul 2016, 04:22
Alloverit

There has been a change of management at BRS a Greedy Self-elected Dictatorial Board of two Edwards and Brooks and anyone that dares to have a different opinion to theirs is targeted.

Some Aero Club members that are also Airport owners have exercised their right to free speech that was not in line with Edwards and Brooks views as a result not only have the Aero Club members that are also Airport owners been targeted so has the Aero club.

Regardless of what is happening behind the scenes IMO using these children touched by adversity to exercise their agenda is the action of Bullies and Cowards and is totally contemptable.

I would hazard a guess that the car you borrowed was a blue station wagon that was the Aero club car and those that greeted you with a smile were Aero Club members.

Alloverit
14th Jul 2016, 09:36
RS 480,
Correct, the car was through the aero club and was a great convenience, due to the availability of the car we frequented the airport a lot, Sunday BBQ at either the club rooms or a members hangar, ALWAYS WELCOMED, very sad to hear this is happening, can only imagine the grief that this must be causing the old school down there, hope it's sorted soon.

WannaBeBiggles
14th Jul 2016, 21:39
Just curious, has anyone tried contacting the local media about this issue? Seems like something they'd jump all over. Along with a scandal of getting a government grant and but reducing traffic etc

olm8tyrone
17th Jul 2016, 11:19
To anybody reading this thread who is from the Melbourne area and has been considering visiting Barwon Heads please don't let this dis-way you from doing so. Basically what you're seeing here is one of the old codgers from the dismal Geelong Aeroclub having an anonymous whinge at the current owners of the the airfield. None of the members actually fly and once a year when they do its painful to watch.

Shmac
20th Jul 2016, 02:49
olm8tyrone.
Wow. What a pathetic response you have posted and I only hope this is not the general opinion of the new owners of the Barwon Heads Airport.

pol
23rd Jul 2016, 06:09
olm8tyrone

Are you saying you are in favor of the Kids being punished because of personal vendettas or are you one of Edwards stooges trying to CYA ??

If you have and axe to grind with the Geelong Aero Club do it somewhere else don’t use this issue.

olm8tyrone
25th Jul 2016, 10:21
Don't take the moral high ground when you're hiding behind an alias attempting to name and shame someone. As a matter of fact, I think you're using the sob story of 'think about the children' to have another dig at those in charge of GSA. You're politicizing the matter. It's pretty petty. I actually feel silly that in responding to you this tread is being bumped. Nobody on pprune actually gives an arse about our small aviation community and all you've done by bringing up this issue is plant a seed in every aviators mind that when they hear 'Barwon Heads' they think 'Oh yeah, that place, I remember reading about it, isn't there always some sort of domestic dispute going on down there? I think I'll avoid it'.

And to answer your question, No, I'm not one of his 'stooges'. I'm an impartial local. Let it be known though that from observations it seems like the aero club does nothing to promote or foster a growing aviation community in the area. Whiney hangar flying seems to be the go. Meanwhile the heartless stooges have sealed the runway, put lights in, fixed the taxiways and put in new hardstands. Thats my unbiased perspective.

Maybe you're just up in arms because you're going to miss out on brimming your tank to do 3 take-offs and landings then one joyflight? Fair suspicion.

theinsider
23rd Sep 2016, 10:44
So there is a new Rat Pack at the old Barwon Heads Airport hey, Brooks the self elected Chairman, Edwards, a once sacked board member now self elected himself, and Westerrink a man that puts a restraining order on a very well respected 85 year old aviator, between these 3 the remainder of the owners dont have a say in anything at the airport anymore and the partners have invested millions from what i hear, how can that be? is this true?
The Geelong Advertiser, Herald Sun, A Current Affair etc etc will be all over this if it is true.

olm8tyrone
25th Sep 2016, 02:44
theinsider, how about you keep calm, pull your aeroplane out and just go flying for a change?

weloveseaplanes
25th Sep 2016, 07:12
For what reason did Eddie Edwards on behalf of the owners of Barwon Heads Airport refuse to allow the Geelong Aero Club to host the FunFlight to help the children?

Band a Lot
25th Sep 2016, 09:22
Fair Question I think.

For what reason did Eddie Edwards on behalf of the owners of Barwon Heads Airport refuse to allow the Geelong Aero Club to host the FunFlight to help the children?

theinsider
11th Sep 2022, 00:42
Fair Question I think.

Because Eddie Edwards, Jeff Brooks, Anton Westerwink are just out for a power and money grab, and couldn’t care less of the actual owners of the airport there “so called partners” the three of them conned there way into the airport ownership and are now shafting any existing partners, such a sad sorry BRS due to the actions of a few.

Believe me what they did to the aero club and the fun flight was a drop in the ocean compared to what they did to there partners at BRS !

theinsider
17th Sep 2022, 11:37
And Eddie Edwards, Jeff Brooks, Anton Westerink have the Gaul to call themselves pilots!!!! they are a embarrassment to GA in Australia and probably 3 of the biggest individual scammers and charlatans in the aviation industry in Australia, and as they say karma has a strange way of weaving it’s magic in aviation and especially GA, and what these three did to Barwon Heads Airport and it’s partners can’t go un reported, it was simply unprecedented in its ability to deceive and manipulate partners for personal and financial gain.

Squawk7700
18th Sep 2022, 06:05
And Eddie Edwards, Jeff Brooks, Anton Westerink have the Gaul to call themselves pilots!!!! they are a embarrassment to GA in Australia and probably 3 of the biggest individual scammers and charlatans in the aviation industry in Australia, and as they say karma has a strange way of weaving it’s magic in aviation and especially GA, and what these three did to Barwon Heads Airport and it’s partners can’t go un reported, it was simply unprecedented in its ability to deceive and manipulate partners for personal and financial gain.

I’m hoping you have used a burner phone there “theinsider” as your comments appear to be quite defamatory!

https://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/notice-regarding-post-responsibility-anonymity-252.html

inthewings
23rd Apr 2023, 09:41
WELCOMBE back to BARWON HEADS it’s under NEW MANAGEMENT

Directors Edwards and Brooks have been ousted by the Share Holders.

Indications are it will be back to the all-welcome happy airfield of old.

tossbag
24th Apr 2023, 06:56
More importantly, there's a fish and chip shop there right?

Bosi72
24th Apr 2023, 08:40
Is the information on website (from ERSA) valid ?

thunderbird five
25th Apr 2023, 01:29
More importantly, there's a fish and chip shop there right?

A&J Seafoods - fresh fish only I do believe.

theinsider
13th Oct 2023, 03:47
I’m hoping you have used a burner phone there “theinsider” as your comments appear to be quite defamatory!

https://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/notice-regarding-post-responsibility-anonymity-252.html
It’s amazing isn’t given time, to what the old adage says to what goes around comes around, and finally the crooks behind the Barwon Heads Airport demise are being bought to task for the actions of the past, money and perceived power of dictators and narcissists can be such a corruption breeding gestation and destroyer of many a dream, and especially in GA aviation, what has happened at Barwon Heads airport over the past 15 years is example of the worst type of greed and corruption amongst GA enthusiasts, with most partners blindly lead astray in the background, most with the best intentions, and the three that destroyed the dream are finally coming to task for past actions..
And it’s not before time, throw the book at them IMO.

Squawk7700
13th Oct 2023, 04:09
It’s amazing isn’t given time, to what the old adage says to what goes around comes around, and finally the crooks behind the Barwon Heads Airport demise are being bought to task for the actions of the past, money and power can be such a corruption breeding gestation and destroyer of many a dream, and especially in GA aviation, what has happened at Barwon Heads airport over the past 15 years is example of the worst type of greed and corruption amongst GA enthusiasts, with most partners blindly lead astray in the background, most with the best intentions, and the few that destroyed the dream are finally coming to task for past actions..
And it’s not before time, throw the book at them IMO.

Do you have some information on said developments?