PDA

View Full Version : Australian Pilot Cadet Programmes

they call me sam
24th Oct 2014, 00:43
Hi
I am currently studying my PPL and in year 10, I am certain on being an Airline Pilot after school and am looking for Airline Cadet ships. I have seen the ones for Virgin Australia, Jetstar (now ceased), Qantas (ceased), Rex and Sharp Airlines! I understand there are other threads on them (?) but are there other cadet ships out there, even that are out of Australia and for non Australian Airlines (but that still allow Australians to do it, such as Cathay Pacific) that are really good because I want to have my plan all worked so i can benefit the most! :)

Thanks

Sam

-JLS-
24th Oct 2014, 01:05
Weren't you conducting research for your year 11 'engineering' assignment in your previous thread?

tomdavidmax
24th Oct 2014, 02:25
I have seen the ones for Virgin Australia, Jetstar (now ceased), Qantas (ceased), Rex and Sharp Airlines! I understand there are other threads on them (?) but are there other cadet ships out there, even that are out of Australia and for non Australian Airlines (but that still allow Australians to do it, such as Cathay Pacific) that are really good because I want to have my plan all worked so i can benefit the most!

Virgin is all but ceased as well.

Rex you have to pay a ridiculous ammount of $ Up front, and are left with about $120k give or take at the end of the course. I believe the Rex Cadetship continues to keep being pushed back too.

Cathay no longer caters to Aussies. You must have a valid HK ID card.

poonpossum
24th Oct 2014, 02:28
Weren't you conducting research for your year 11 'engineering' assignment in your previous thread?

Some year 10's do year 11 subjects in year 10 so it makes sense, bro.

RequestAsymmetrics
24th Oct 2014, 02:40
Cathay no longer caters to Aussies. You must have a valid HK ID card.

Well maybe for ab initio... but AE is starting up again so if you can somehow get yourself to 250hrs with 100 PIC AND manage to win the lottery :}, it could happen.

MaxFL360
24th Oct 2014, 02:48
this will be the last group for the virgin australia cadetship as well. Only airline cadetships left will be through rex and sharp, maybe free spirit airlines if your foolish ha

wishiwasupthere
24th Oct 2014, 03:01
Where's Flyboat North?

:E

ChaseIt
24th Oct 2014, 03:22
Save yourself money! Head north do your flying with a a recommended training organization and enjoy the ride... You will get on a jet one day so what's the rush with selling yourself out!

they call me sam
24th Oct 2014, 03:26
I am in year 10 doing year 11 Engineering as a VCE subject

50 50
24th Oct 2014, 04:02
Unless you are also in year ten (or a Kiwi) there is no excuse for typing the word "bro".
Why don't you try Tumblr?

Peace out cuzzy bro man!

josephfeatherweight
24th Oct 2014, 04:25
Maybe this is what you were looking for regarding cadet ships -

The Young Endeavour. With crews of 24 youth and twelve Royal Australian Navy staff, the ship will sail the Roaring Forties, across the Atlantic Ocean, through the Mediterranean and North Seas, across the English Channel and around the Cape of Good Hope.

Join us for this once in a lifetime opportunity to explore the world under sail.
Main Round Applications for the 2015 World Voyage Ballot have now closed.
Offers to successful applicants will be made in October 2014.
Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email and placed on the waiting list.

You can still complete a late application to be placed on the waiting list.

buzzz.lightyear
24th Oct 2014, 04:31
^^^
Ha ha, exactly as I was thinking..
Cadetship and Cadet Ship are two completely different things.

Besides, if you mean the first one, then forever you will have the stigma of being a 'Cadet'. It's seriously not a good look....

wishiwasupthere
24th Oct 2014, 04:40
Unless you are also in year ten there is no excuse for typing the word "bro".

Unless he's a Kiwi. Ey bro.

50 50
24th Oct 2014, 07:28
Ah yes, I hadn't considered the Kiwi factor. Last post duly edited.

4Greens
24th Oct 2014, 08:22
Check out an Aviation degree programme at the University of New South Wales. They have their own flying school as part of the course. You will be well qualified for the airlines and the industry generally.