PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 Medical ECG

avidreamer
23rd Oct 2014, 21:08
Hi There

Im a 23 year old male, and just like other some other guys here my dream is to become an airline pilot !

Recently i went to do my class 2 medical tests, all my test were near to perfect !

The only concern for my Doctor was that i have a slow heart rate.

When i did my ECG or EKG test, which is for examining the electrical activity of the heart, my heart rate resulted to 57 BPM and the normal Heart Rhythm is 60 BPM or over.

He told me this condition is called Sinus Bradycardia & Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome.

My question here is, if any of you out there ever heard of a situation like this or ever had the same experience...
And is it possible that i can still pursue my dream as an airline pilot ? And if this thing might risk me for getting a job in the future ?

Any suggestion or any help of some sort would be more the helpful for me !

Many Thanks in Advance !

Radgirl
23rd Oct 2014, 22:40
Change your doctor

A rate of 57 is completely normal, at your age mine was 52

WPW is something totally different

Amazing

avidreamer
24th Oct 2014, 08:19
Thanks for your reply !

Actually I was thinking of taking my results to a cardiologist and see what he tells me and change doctor aswell.

But my question remains if I have Wolf Parkinson White (WPW)

Should that be able to come between me becoming an airline pilot, if I eventually find a job ?

Many Thanks once again in advance !

Ulster
24th Oct 2014, 13:24
If you go to see a cardiologist, print this off to take along with you
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/2499/WPW%20FC.pdf

Radgirl
24th Oct 2014, 14:21
If you have WPW the AME should advise you to see a cardiologist within days and this will need treating before anything else, but most doctors should be able to tell if the ECG DOESN'T show WPW.

Do you have a family doctor you can show the ECG to? Cheaper than a cardiologist

avidreamer
24th Oct 2014, 22:24
Actually i have an appointment next week with a cardiologist to check out my results... But yes i will be calling our family doctor to have a look at them too.

I will print what you gave me also, so that i can present it to him together with my ECG test results.

My main concern still remains if hopefully all goes well and i manage to pass my medical, if it would give me a disadvantage in the future for me as in finding a job or an airline pilot?

Or are there any pilots out there who had the same experience, cause I'm still in the beginning stages for my PPL

Thanks for all the help !

Radgirl
25th Oct 2014, 19:35
Sorry if my earlier posts were unclear

I suspect you are entirely normal. There is possibly nothing wrong with you.

If you do have WPW your cardiologist will arrange treatment and explain everything, but if you are normal you will be able to pass this part of the medical

Let us know the outcome