PDA

View Full Version : STEP CLIMB A330

AF330
23rd Oct 2014, 15:20
Hi,
If we enter a step climb during our climb in the FMGS, will it respect it or level-off at our cruise altitude entered in the INIT A page?

Thanks

RunSick
23rd Oct 2014, 15:37
Maybe your Flight Simulator manual has some info on that?

AF330
23rd Oct 2014, 15:52
No! I know that it will change automatically each and every waypoint and our cruise altitude if we enter a step climb for the cruise "flight". But if we enter it for the climb part, I think that it won't go over the cruise altitude entered in the INIT page for safety.

What do you think?

RunSick
23rd Oct 2014, 17:41
:p Ok kid, I was trying to be sarcastic with my reply. This is not a flight simulator forum, there are plenty of those in the web, you might want to check them. And as a piece of advice for your life: read the instructions before u use. (Please, donīt be offended, I mean it in a good way)

From the "Sticky" on top of the Tech Log section:

Change in Tech Log Emphasis
Following recent PPRuNe management discussions and decisions, Tech Log will skew its emphasis away from the simpler questions. These will now be located in the Questions Forum. Similarly, questions of a general nature may be relocated to Questions as well.

It would be appreciated if folk could be a little discriminating in starting new threads and keep Tech Log for the more involved questions

(end of quote)

Anyway, to answer you question I would suggest you get yourself an FCOM, plenty of those in the internet, and read it.

Also, as a hint, the altitute you set in the FCU will be the governing parameter, the aircraft will level off there, it doesnīt matter wathever you might have set in the box.

Happy reading!