PDA

View Full Version : Exploded chart of muscle groups.

Capetonian
16th Oct 2014, 09:50
A friend of mine who's a massage therapist in CPT has asked me to source him a wallchart that shows the main muscle groups of the human body in 'exploded' form, a bit like those diagrams you get of engines, for example.

He thought they are published by Novartis, but I can't find anything suitable. Maybe somebody would know where I might find something. He has exhausted the possibilities of finding one in ZA.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
16th Oct 2014, 15:29
I don't know where you are but the physiotherapist at our local surgery has them all over the wall so NHS might be a source?

gingernut
16th Oct 2014, 21:43
How much detail does he require ?

Capetonian
17th Oct 2014, 09:00
I don't know how much detail he requires but I'd like to send him a couple of options. Right now I'm in Spain but will be in UK next week and might drop in to see my lovely physiotherapist at Ashford Hospital as they might well have such charts.

Capot
17th Oct 2014, 17:48
My Pilates teacher has a beautiful one on her wall, so I asked where she got it, and she said Amazon.

Sure enough, if you search for anatomical wall charts, you'll find a good selection.

onetrack
18th Oct 2014, 13:57
Capetonian - SWMBO does much body work and she has charts by Heinz-Harro Rüdiger. They are excellent charts. She has the laminated ones and they're available in English.
I've never seen an "exploded" chart of the human body that is the equivalent of the automotive variety. Possibly because we are put together a little differently to cars.
The muscles overlie each other in a dozen different directions, and one has to have a "peeled back" view.

Rüdiger.de Muskel System charts (http://www.ruediger-anatomie.de/upload/de/search?page=search&page_action=query&desc=on&sdesc=on&keywords=Muskel)

Capetonian
23rd Oct 2014, 07:37
Thank you for these suggestions, I've passed them on to the person concerned.