PDA

View Full Version : Information

hunty
14th Oct 2014, 12:21
Back in 2004 I arranged a special event at Exeter airport to mark the 50th anniversary of the Hawker Hunter's entry into RAF service. On the day there was Hunter WV322, plus two Hawks from 208 Squadron, which the Hunter had flow with the Squadron during its time with the RAF.
The pilots from 208 were Dan Egging, Paul Cawthorn, Guy Lockwood and Pete Geddes. Is there anyone out there who can tell me anything about these guys, as I'm planning to write an article all about that days event and any info would be very helpful.

MSOCS
14th Oct 2014, 14:46
I know one is certainly is still in the RAF. The others I cannot confirm. If you meant Jon Egging then sadly he died in the Red Arrows in 2011.

No matter, it would be improper to divulge where any of the them are for security and personal reasons.

Wrathmonk
14th Oct 2014, 15:13
I know one is certainly is still in the RAF...it would be improper to divulge where any of the them are for security and personal reasons

Could you not offer to point the one you know is still in the RAF to this thread and then let him decide whether he wants to contact hunty or not?

BOAC
14th Oct 2014, 15:31
According to his 'visagevolume' (F**eB**k - you know what I mean) page Paul Cawthorn left the RAF in 2013. maybe you could expend a little effort in searching?

Sandy Parts
14th Oct 2014, 15:48
now, now - maybe hunty (age 62) is unaware of FarceBook etc? Perhaps he thought a forum frequented by many ex and a few serving RAF would be the best bet? Anyhoo - don't know any of the chaps myself so cannot help but good luck with the search.
Edited to add - anyone who organises aircraft events gets my support - they get all the grief with none of the up-diddly-up fun bits!

BOAC
14th Oct 2014, 16:12
maybe hunty (age 62) is unaware of FarceBook etc? - but, one hopes, not with search engines which is where I found Mr C?

Hey - I even know where Guy Lockwood is now, too, and Pete Geddes. Clever stuff.

Wrathmonk
14th Oct 2014, 16:27
Don't you have to be 'signed up for' and 'signed in' to FarceBook to be able to view his details (such as when he left the RAF etc)? If not, and he has left his profile open for all to view then more fool him!

BOAC
14th Oct 2014, 17:15
No idea! He's also on Linkedin, "Looking for work" in 2013. I cannot now find him on FB.