PDA

View Full Version : A380 to Iran - did the pilot get the sack?

Jumeirah James
13th Oct 2014, 09:05
Emirates Airline fired Iranian pilot after raising flag ! ? Iranian.com (http://iranian.com/posts/emirates-airline-fired-iranian-pilot-after-raising-flag-39397/jumpto/idcomment-67560)

falconeasydriver
13th Oct 2014, 13:36
No no no, he was fired for having a coffee in uniform whilst on the turnaround.

Global Nomad
13th Oct 2014, 18:21
Is this a rational and unemotional action taken by the commander in a politically sensitive situation? No.

Would his behaviour and decision making capabilities fill me with confidence as a passenger? No.

Would the companies actions intimidate me as a Captain? No.

Case closed.

crewmeal
13th Oct 2014, 20:44
It's time to shake off all this Iranian prejudice and let Iran back into the world so to speak. There is money to be made and EK were right in sending a 380 in. If a countries flag was raised so what? who cares? It's free publicity for both sides.

Would the next Captain to bring a 380 into BHX raise the city flag on taxiing. On second thoughts don't bother the rate things are going here it might be one of those funny black things:ugh:

goatherd
14th Oct 2014, 04:01
They were given the flag and even told how to wave it, same happens at all new destinations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ItsMeFromEarth
14th Oct 2014, 08:48
No one got fired or even interviewed about this. EK and UAE doesn’t give a dam for stupid flags from their enemy up north who had stolen 3 Islands from them a few years ago.

I am not from either country and not even from the M.E., however, these Islands ; from the antiquity up to today, have Persian names.
Google it if you dont believe it.
So if they belonged to UAE, they would have had an Arabic name....no?

Mach_Krit
16th Oct 2014, 05:09
they are all in the persian gulf...:eek:

WhatsaLizad?
16th Oct 2014, 06:46
Saw a pic not long ago of a red, white and blue American Airlines B777 flying the red commie Chinese flag on arrival after an inagural flight to Shanghai from LAX or DFW. Nice handheld little pole, much classier than holding the flag like the Iranian one.

Big deal.

MagicCarpet
16th Oct 2014, 09:24
It's just a ruse to lull the Red Menace into a false sense of complacency.
Damn commies...

newscaster
16th Oct 2014, 21:32
Iran is heaven compared to UAE, apart from your UGLY fake cities built on oil wealth you are nothing, Iran had flora and fauna and natural beaty, picturesque villages etc, that would put your oil wealth to shame. A crappy glass skyline, imported things, decadent lucury and a few scavanger airlines stealing traffic and run by foreigners arent everything, what 60% of your countries population is expat, do you people even work?

surely not
17th Oct 2014, 20:47
Wow newscaster that is quite an outpouring of bitterness and vitriol!!

One reason why other arab nations do not consider Iran as arabic is because they (you) do not share the same climate or language.

I cannot comment on Iran as a country as I have never been there, but I have worked in UAE and it was not a particularly difficult experience and I dealt with many UAE nationals who worked. The skyline is impressive even if it isn't natural beauty, but then neither is New York City, or Shanghai or many other cities.

parabellum
17th Oct 2014, 22:39
I am not from either country and not even from the M.E., however, these Islands ; from the antiquity up to today, have Persian names.
Google it if you dont believe it.
So if they belonged to UAE, they would have had an Arabic name....no? Don't think it is quite that simple. Iran claims Bahrain as Iranian, opposite side of the Gulf to Iran and has an Arabic name. Think it probably has more to do with history than geography, as in the case of the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, the Canary Islands etc. etc.

MrMachfivepointfive
18th Oct 2014, 08:52
Wow! That's what I call thread creep. Back to the topic. Nobody was fired. The story was a wind up. THE END.

newscaster
24th Oct 2014, 12:26
What was the A380 flight for? are they upgauging and wanted to test it.