PDA

View Full Version : Formation flying near STN

VP8
29th May 2002, 17:20
Driving into work this afternoon (1645z approx) I saw a formation of two A/C one a BAe146??followed closely in formation by what looked like a LR35 at approx 2-3000ft heading north but from the distance I was looking from they could be different and windscreen was a bit grubby.

Just wondering what they were up to...

Rgds
VEEPS

Wycombe
29th May 2002, 19:32
....sounds like part of the formation making it's way to/from the rehearsal for the Queen's Flypast, one of the elements is a 32 (Royal) Sqn 146 and 2 125's

....formation also includes Conc/Reds and various other RAF types (both heavy and pointy)

....flypast itself happens next Tues over Central London, about teatime (HRH will be on the balcony at Buck House to watch)

leonbrumsack
30th May 2002, 10:21
I saw the formation of the BAe 146 and two HS125s over Harrow last week. I had heard loud aircraft pass overhead, and was quite shocked when I finally saw them flying over in formation and a very low altitude! Sounds like the flypast will be very promising!

Man-on-the-fence
30th May 2002, 12:48
And very wet looking at the Long range Wx.

Anyone fancy running a book on it being called off??

VP8
30th May 2002, 15:27
Cheers Guys

Appreciate the info.. I was just intrigued as to what was going on as the Wx wasn't too hot for formation flying with heavy showers in the area.

Rgds
VEEPS :)