PDA

View Full Version : Vale Capt Andrew Mc Dermott

Manubada
12th Oct 2014, 03:09
Capt Andrew Mc Dermott (Eastern Airlines DHC-8-300) passed away recently in Subic Bay, Philippines.

His recall of events in PNG & in Australia will be long remembered.

May he RIP.

Manu'

Kenny Carter
12th Oct 2014, 05:36
Fondly remember Andrew in 89/90 with the Bandit and Dash through PMQ.

RIP mate.

olderairhead
13th Oct 2014, 07:36
Does anyone know of funeral details?

Duck Pilot
13th Oct 2014, 10:21
I have a lot of good and bad memories from flying with Andrew - taught me a few valuable tricks on the art of flying a Dash 8.

Great bloke to have a beer or 50 with, I can still feel the hangovers!!!

I certainly will be having a few tubes in memory of Andrew before the week is out.

Rest in peace buddy, you will always be remembered by me, for all the good reasons.

Condolences to Andrew's family.

Trigger Happy
13th Oct 2014, 13:04
I have a lot of good and bad memories from flying with Andrew - taught me a few valuable tricks on the art of flying a Dash 8.

Great bloke to have a beer or 50 with, I can still feel the hangovers!!!

I certainly will be having a few tubes in memory of Andrew before the week is out.

Rest in peace buddy, you will always be remembered by me, for all the good reasons.

Condolences to Andrew's family.

Well said, everything you said applies exactly for me :D

Hugh Jarse
14th Oct 2014, 01:50
Andrew didn't suffer fools. However, once you earned his respect you'd have a guaranteed great trip.

We'd have joke challenges every trip to see who had the funniest joke. Of course, he'd almost always win. :D

He also hated a beer on overnights. I never took up the challenge..........

Rest in peace mate. All my memories are good ones :ok:

Chocks Away
14th Oct 2014, 03:12
Here here Jarse. ;) also to all previous sentiments already mentioned above too.
I lost track of him after he packed his boat for Darwin & Coastwatch.
Did he move on from there and can the circumstances causing his passing, be mentioned here?

Fond memories. :D

Kiwiconehead
14th Oct 2014, 03:58
I worked with Andrew at both Eastern and Air Niugini, straight shooting and a good operator.

If he said it was broke it was.

Will be missed.