PDA

View Full Version : Helipro NZ in recievership

Weekend_Warrior
8th Oct 2014, 01:59
I'm no fan of this outfit, but it is a sad sign for GA in NZ when a company like this goes tits up.

I am sympathetic to the staff and even the management who are now probably going to be out of work.

Helipro put into receivership | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/10592384/Helipro-put-into-receivership)

Ollie Onion
8th Oct 2014, 03:26
Yep, goodluck to the staff!

Aerozepplin
8th Oct 2014, 03:46
NZ needs someone at a high level (ie minister) who views aviation as an opportunity rather than a liability. My impression is that as long as plane crashes or safety concerns aren't in the news the govt doesn't care. Not that I know the specifics of Helipro's issues.

But its their user pays fixation that is hurting the industry in general. Plus a few issues like airport companies. When an airport company almost ends one of the countries oldest aero clubs something is wrong. My family's taxes paid for that runway.:mad:

Weekend_Warrior
8th Oct 2014, 04:01
Unfortunately this government view Aviation in general as a source of revenue. Witness Airways latest charges - up by %1000 for IFR x country for light aircraft, new fees for circuits, vicinity landings and controlled airspace transits.

CAA now charging $300 per medical - paid up front, no refund of you fail!

I could go on.

This has gone way past user pays, now user extortion.

The Big E
8th Oct 2014, 22:36
but it is a sad sign for GA in NZ when a company like this goes tits up

It is more of a sad sign of lending institutions who continually encourage businesses to over extend themselves with borrowing, and then through undercutting and low utilisation etc. the business cannot generate the necessary income to service the burden of debt.:ugh: There seems to be an excess of bad advice in this area, as anyone has yet to prove to me that you can make a sustainable profit (including the provision for equipment upgrade or replacement) out of a lowly 300 Hours of annual revenue work which some operators are trying to do. Such operations are contributing to the over supply, and at the same time are diluting the real profitability which is needed to maintain the liquidity and to pay the creditors on time. It should not only be the lending institutions and the leasing companies who make a profit from an operator's efforts, but sadly that is the way of some.:sad:

BNEA320
9th Oct 2014, 00:37
also appears the Vincent NZ have handed their 146 back to Air National.

http://airsoc.com/articles/view/id/543336d5313944e63f8b4569/bae-146-200-zk-eco

Will this aircraft be scrapped now ?

or ?

reynoldsno1
9th Oct 2014, 01:23
Yep, goodluck to the staff!
Well, I know of at least one who started a new job about a month ago ...

Aerozepplin
9th Oct 2014, 02:35
Air National has been gone a few years now, and I doubt it'd be resurrected. I'd imagine Airwork would be the only potential domestic customer for it.

The Big E
9th Oct 2014, 09:11
I'd imagine Airwork would be the only potential domestic customer for it.

Really, would it make any sense to have an orphan in the fleet when you already have some
venerable 737s in operation?:hmm:

Aerozepplin
9th Oct 2014, 12:21
I'm not saying it makes sense, and agree it's unlikely.

BNEA320
9th Oct 2014, 23:19
Air National or the owners of Air National(the company probably still exists even if no AOC) apparently own the 146.

Heard it needs big money spent on it in the next 12 months, which might make it worth more as parts.

Aerozepplin
9th Oct 2014, 23:41
Ah right, I didn't know they had any major assets left. A store of parts in the shape of a 146 though you say?

lilflyboy262...2
10th Oct 2014, 00:35
Talking about fees, I was looking at the ATPL issue fee. $2700. CAA is out of control.

As for helipro, Very sad to see another operator go under :( Some very good people out of work

Water Wings
10th Oct 2014, 01:01
Talking about fees, I was looking at the ATPL issue fee. $2700. CAA is out of control.The licence issue fee is $230. The $2700 odd is a Flight Test fee if you need the CAA to do the test. That would be as rare as hens teeth because all the big operators can do the tests in house.

lilflyboy262...2
11th Oct 2014, 05:08
A lot of hen's will be growing teeth then... I know quite a few guys that want to do the flight test privately after doing the ATPLs and not getting into Air NZ

But back to the original topic....

Weekend_Warrior
11th Oct 2014, 05:56
Sorry for the thread drift but as I started it...

How TF can they justify $2700 for the flight test? I would hope that would include the airplane hire, but maybe not.

CPL and IR flight tests are only $720 or so, last time I looked - atpl can't be much more time comsuming.

Does CAA actually do the test or ASL - or whatever they are calling themselves now - ASPEQ or some spin-doctored name.

OK maybe they need the money to pay for the PR outfit that thought that one up.