PDA

View Full Version : ATPL

ashfaqshaikhuk
7th Oct 2014, 09:31
Hi, I've sat a few ATPL exams recently but I'm running out of time soon. I still have 7 exams pending and 3 months left. Is there a way to start the ATPLs fresh again? Rather than waiting for another 3 months, could I just start it all over again and with the exams I'm confident with in the next month or so? If so, what's the best way to do it?

paco
7th Oct 2014, 12:36
The only other way is to take them and fail them all - then you can restart.

keith williams
7th Oct 2014, 13:36
I've known a couple of occasions in the past when students became disenchanted with their distance learning courses and decided to join a residential course. In both cases they had a number of exams still to pass and little time to do it. I wrote to the CAA requesting approval to cancel their previous passes and start all over again. The CAA agreed, but only because the students were changing school and courses. Given the emphasis that the CAA placed on changing schools and courses, I suspect that unless you are also doing this, they will probably reject the request.

Do you really need to get started on your new set of exams immediately? As far as I am aware there is currently little or no demand for newly qualified 200 hour ATPL holders. Rushing to get qualified then sitting around waiting for a flying job doesn't make much sense.

Would it not be better to study hard for three months while your current 18 month exam window to expires, then start retaking some of the exams?

paco
7th Oct 2014, 17:31
Listen to the man.... good advice! :)