PDA

View Full Version : FAA Letter of Authenticity

al_renko
6th Oct 2014, 22:42
Hi All,
I have an EASA PPL and also a FAA Letter of Authenticity which expired at the end of August.My plan now is come over to the US in January'15,do I have to resend all my documents to the CAA at Gatwick again or do I resend to the FAA in Oklahoma city for a updated Letter? Many thanks,
Al.

DLT1939
9th Oct 2014, 21:46
I believe you have to start over again.

B2N2
10th Oct 2014, 13:24
FAA Letter of Authenticity which expired at the end of August.My plan now is come over to the US in January'15

Read it again and I think you can answer your own question......:E
The purpose of the Letter is to verify you hold a certificate and a medical which are not expired, surrendered, suspended, revoked or otherwise invalid.
The letter itself is valid for 6 months and anything you wish to accomplish needs to be done within those six months.
You need to apply for a new one with the FAA as the CAA has bugger all to do with it but I do believe you need to pay them.

Frontal
14th Oct 2014, 11:08
You need to apply for a new one with the FAA as the CAA has bugger all to do with it but I do believe you need to pay them. Quite correct, the process has to be started from the begining, including payment to the CAA.

al_renko
14th Oct 2014, 21:05
I have just made the £44 donation for a CAA e-mail which has nothing new to tell the FAA.