PDA

View Full Version : CAA ATPL exam calculator

maf
4th Oct 2014, 18:35
Evening

Im attending my first ATPL-exam monday and noticed that the list
over allowed calculators did not include the one I have.

Approved:

Casio FX83/85/300 series

My own:

Casio Fx-82ES plus

So, I wouldnt consider it an issue since its not programmable and is of a lower series then the 83, but I dont know how picky they are?

Anyone?

Cheers!

handysnaks
4th Oct 2014, 19:10
I have recently been to a non Gatwick exam location and they didn't give the calculator a second glance (but it is an approved one), so you a fighting chance however, if you get a very diligent invigilator....

maf
4th Oct 2014, 19:43
LOL:-)

Thanks for the reply. Cant be too careful when it comes to the CAA. BTW, while im at it, it says on the info-pages of my bookings that the CAA will not take responsibility for any thing you bring to the exams that are not allowed in there.

Now, on some of the days I do have alot of time between the exams, and I plan to bring my Ipad along for some entertainment.

Are they saying there are no place to safely store your personal belongings?

OhNoCB
4th Oct 2014, 20:21
When I did my exams the only place to store any belongings was a small cloakroom, for everyone. Plenty of people brought iPads and laptops thought and there were no issues. Last time I was there there was a bit of renovation going on so it might have changed.

I would say your calculator will not be questioned or given a second glance, if its a standard looking scientific calculator that doesn't look out of the ordinary (which I am sure as a 8x casio it is pretty common looking) then it should be fine.

HOWEVER.

If it was me I would get an approved model because I would not want even the slightest bit of extra worry or stress.