PDA

View Full Version : R44 Tail Rotor Raven 1

alfie222
4th Oct 2014, 06:32
First time i posted here so fingers crossed i get a response i am after :ok:. i own a 2006 R44 raven 1 (1560 hours) however the tail rotor is now gone and has a very small hole in it..... i have 2 options buy a new one directly from Robinson (which includes the hub also ) or get a serviceable one from one one hence the post........the problem is in 4 months time intend to move the aircraft onward.....
So basically does any one out here have a serviceable R44 tail rotor or know of some one who can help me out!

Thanks in advance

Efirmovich
4th Oct 2014, 14:04
Common problem I'm afraid and there is no repair scheme so it may have to be new..... :{

E.

garly1
5th Oct 2014, 06:39
Go new, you may be able to get some cash back from your old hub and the serviceable blade if you go through an authorised Robbie place and you will get the new rounded tipped Raven 2 tail rotor, either way the hours aren't going to match up and its going to cost you!

VTWELVE
6th Oct 2014, 07:33
Morning, Same just happened to me at 610hrsTT (2007 ship with -2 Rev L blades), no success anywhere, one had a small leading edge 'dint' and wouldn't pass the engineers inspection for a pending sale...I had to buy the whole assembly with hub at £5000 plus labour. Therefore I have just what you want, a pair with one suitable for replacement. I was keeping the blades & hub together as a get you home pair if needed but will part as is or split at a fair price. Make some enquiries with your engineer on certification / replacement and price for purchasing the 610 hr blade/blades then PM me for more info. (based nr northallerton, north yorkshire)