PDA

View Full Version : A109 SP questions

chr
3rd Oct 2014, 12:54
hello
I just finished my TR for A109SP.I'm really impressed of cockpit :-)
I also have couple of questions.
Helicopter during transition from flight to hoover has very unpleasant vibration.Guys from Agusta claiming that simply this is normal on A109.
Sometimes if you're making an approach and you hold on speed about 30-50 kts vibrations are permanent and really unpleasant.I just wondering why vibrations are so big and is there any way to by-pass it.One of a guy made approach on speed about 60kts still free of vibrations , he made app really low and then simply pass through vibrations very quick raising collective and hover helicopter.

second question is about oil check.Should I check oil on cold or hot engine using oil scoop ? there is also oil check window on engine where oil should be visible on hot engine , but is it enough when oil is visible when I move a bit helicopter or it should be visible when heli is resting on ground without moving it ?

thanks for any reply

noooby
3rd Oct 2014, 19:03
The translational vibrations are a feature of the rotor head design. Modify you're flying technique to minimise their effect. Sounds like you've seen one technique on how to do that already.

Is Agoooooosta!

RVDT
4th Oct 2014, 07:54
Vibrations? - Don't fly it like an R22. Learn how to carry a bit more speed and/or make the last part of your approach flat through the speed range you don't like.

Sometimes operationally it can't be done so ......................

Oil Level - Oil Level Check

CAUTION: DO NOT MIX DIFFERENT BRANDS OR TYPES OF OIL BECAUSE THEIR DIFFERENT CHEMICAL STRUCTURES CAN MAKE THEM INCOMPATIBLE. IF DIFFERENT TYPES OF OILS ARE MIXED TOGETHER, DRAIN AND FLUSH THE OIL SYSTEM AND FILL IT AGAIN WITH NEW OIL.

(1) After the engine shutdown, do a check of the contents of the oil tank through the oil level indicator.
NOTE: To reduce the possibility of filling the oil tank too much and to make sure that the indication to calculate the oil consumption is accurate,
it is recommended that you always do a check of the oil level 10 minutes after the engine shutdown.

(2) If the oil level is not visible in the oil level indicator, do as follows:

(a) Remove the filler cap from the oil filler extension.

(b) Fill the oil tank with an approved oil to between the MIN and MAX level indication.
NOTE: The correct oil level is between the MAX and MIN marks on the oil level indicator.
To fill the oil to MAX can possibly result in oil being vented overboard.
This can add an oily film build-up on the airframe.
Should this be seen monitor engine oil level without adding oil (unless the oil level falls below MIN)
to find if the oil level stabilizes at some point between MAX and MIN. When you find this level, fill the oil to and keep this level.

(c) Install and lock the oil filler cap on the oil filler extension. Make sure that the cap is correctly installed and locked.

(3) Do a check of the oil level (Ref. step (1)) through the oil level indicator, on the engines that are not operated for a period of 12 hours or more.
If the oil level is low, do the steps which follow:
(a) Start and operate the engine at a stabilized idle for five minutes (Ref. applicable aircraft manual). Stop the engine.
(b) Do a check of the oil level (Ref. step (1)), and fill with oil as necessary.

chr
4th Oct 2014, 10:08
thanks a lot , I propably missed something on the manuals because everything I have found on RFM was "check oil level " :-)

thank again

jazzyj78
6th Oct 2014, 07:02
Dear,
I have the A109A2 and the same vibration appear between 30 and 40 knot...
I have two question where did you do your type rating and how did you pay for it? you can send me MP...

THANK YOU...

Jazzyj

chr
5th Nov 2014, 13:48
Hello

Did some of you ever experienced nosewheel vibrations during taxi ?
I'm asking because yesterday shimmy vibrations on front wheel occured during taxi with GS 15 kts (nose unlocked) Very unpleasant feeling I was happy to be able to lift off immediately but I'm considering why it was happened ?

On manual there is only sign :
- maximum GS for T/O and landing - 40 kts
- maximum taxi speed noswheel unlocked 20 kts

regards

ShyTorque
5th Nov 2014, 14:03
Check the tyre pressure! Otherwise, check all the joints on the leg for undue wear.

chr
10th Nov 2014, 18:35
one more question regarding A109SP

is it good practice or not to stay on the ground for a long time on idle ? for example waiting for clerance ? I'm asking because then you will have transmission low pressure and I just wondering does it have any negative impact on gearbox ?