PDA

View Full Version : How many sealed a/d's with no terminal?

kimwestt
1st Oct 2014, 10:47
Not very many, I would guess. Having flown over most of Oz, into mostly minor airports, pretty well a terminal (of some description) at all of them Well at least a loo!
How come the Illawarra (Wollongong) Regional Airport doesn't have one now.
The last one, together with the beloved Aviators Lounge, was burnt down quite a while ago, and, you guessed it, no terminal, and no loo's.
The grapevine tells me that the local govt mob are sitting on about $1.2 mill in insurance payouts, and to date, there appears to be no inclination to replace either.
Geez, if you read their master plan options, it would seem to be the worst plan of action they could undertake. Absolutely no incentive to go there now - not even for a "pit stop". Used to always be a couple of lighties parked in the bays with people flying in for lunch or etc..
Once again, GA cops it in the neck.:eek:

wishiwasupthere
1st Oct 2014, 11:02
Parafield.

Alice Kiwican
1st Oct 2014, 11:06
Depends what you class as a sealed a/d! At least 5 in NT have nothing

Lasiorhinus
1st Oct 2014, 13:47
Depends what you consider a "Terminal", too. Does the covered bus-shelter at Snake Bay count? What about Hardy's 'office' at Port Keats?

50 50
1st Oct 2014, 14:11
There are toilets across the road from the late aviator lounge.
Seats and paper may not always be there however. Look for the squat little khaki building that looks like a toilet block.

kimwestt
2nd Oct 2014, 02:07
OK I'll check YWOL termorra.:ok:

mikewil
2nd Oct 2014, 04:09
Parafield.

Isn't there that old aeroclub building where you can grab a hot pie or cup of coffee as well as use the toilet?

wishiwasupthere
2nd Oct 2014, 05:36
Isn't there that old aeroclub building where you can grab a hot pie or cup of coffee as well as use the toilet?

Don't know about that one. But there is certainly nothing at Parafield that you could even loosely define as a terminal like you find at Moorabbin, Bankstown or Archerfield. The closest amenities are the toilet block about 200m from the access gate where the walls are covered in phone numbers to call for a good time.