PDA

View Full Version : THY vs AUH

tongo-sierra
1st Oct 2014, 09:27
A 330 FO , need info for roster , lifestyle and future perspective.
Thnx.

de facto
1st Oct 2014, 10:45
Go for option B,no doubt.

Payscale
1st Oct 2014, 10:59
Option B. No doubt. FO in THY is apparently not the best expat job around.
Good luck.

Iver
1st Oct 2014, 12:47
AUH by a very long shot. I would not even consider THY unless you are Turkish. I met someone who flies for THY recently and he is applying to AUH and the others right now.

vfenext
1st Oct 2014, 14:41
Iver you don't work for THY or AUH. Stop offering opinions on things you know little about. Someone is trying to make a career decision and you are not helping. Go back to the spotter forum.

Iver
1st Oct 2014, 14:43
Quit being a serious cyber bully attempting to suppress discussions. This is a small industry and I know people at many airlines and they have opinions. Anyone who makes a career decision based on Pprune advice alone is not wise. You are a dork.

tongo-sierra
1st Oct 2014, 15:20
Thank you guys for the answers . pprune help to see other pilots piont of view and influence somehow the decision.
Good day.

yanbancypilot
1st Oct 2014, 16:13
My friend I would have no doubt EY is by far the winner. How can you even compare a modern and progressive airline like EY with THY ? Abu Dhabi may be is not the best place on earth but Istanbul isn't as well in different ways and you cannot imagine the disaster of an airline that THY is. Beside expat FO have been opportunistically deceived, used and discriminated for they grand plans and have no future. Stay well clear.
On a different note... De Facto..what happened.. you were the THY advocate..

de facto
1st Oct 2014, 17:02
De Facto..what happened.. you were the THY advocate

The fact that I dont agree with racist,idiotic,childish,typical daddy boy new jet pilot posts of yours and some of your friends does not make me a THY advocate.

I have friends in both airlines who were and are Fos and I can tell you that AUH base would be for an FO the best career path.

ManaAdaSystem
1st Oct 2014, 21:43
Ahh, Iver the expert on all airlines, from the US through Europe, via ME to SE Asia and onwards to the Far East, has spoken again.

vfenext, you are spot on! :ok:

Echo_Kilo
3rd Oct 2014, 12:32
8 consecutive days OFF in THY on the 330.
Still ETI is the better option in terms of your career path.