PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong and mil aviation

chopper2004
1st Oct 2014, 00:09
Interesting developments now with the demos out there...I have not been back there to see ones family since 96.

Though if anyone has read the former A-6 pilot Stephen Coonts novel - Hong Kong - its eerily similar in a few chapters in the book. It involves Jake Grafton's old B/N Tiger Cole from the his first book - Flight of the Intruder (character killed in the Paramount movie, played by Willem Dafoe) who in his post service job as a CEO of a computing firm orchestrates a revolution within HK to kick out the communsits.

Had a nice visit to 28 Sqns hub at Sek Kong back in 94....

Because of its special status - I see that the USN Carrier battle groups pull in for visits there quite often and USAF C-17 and USN a/c visited post handover into Chep Lap Kok. The USCG send its HC-130 regularly for the mass SAR exercises with the Government Flying Service and even the HC-130 of the USAF Rescue Wings have partaken in recent years

Cheers

chinook240
1st Oct 2014, 07:03
I too read the Jake Grafton novel and was struck by the similarities of recent events. But I don't think they've got access to robot troops?