PDA

View Full Version : Questions on maintaining MEIR and MEP ratings

Odai
29th Sep 2014, 03:28
Hello,

I am currently in the process of CPL hour building and studying for the ATPL exams.

Due to my circumstances, my CPL/IR/MEP training will be quite spread out with 1/2 years between my CPL/MEP and my MEIR courses, and some more time before I can actually start applying for work after completing everything.

One of my main concerns with this is maintaining currency in between/after courses. It's not a big issue to keep flying SEPs, or even to do so IFR to keep my IF skills sharp, but I am worried about keeping my MEP skills current.

As I understand it, only a CPL and current MEIR (not MEP rating) are officially required to apply for airline jobs. However, it seems the issue of whether not having a current MEP rating could impact your chances of getting a job is a bit more iffy.

Assuming I had to maintain my MEP rating (which I would do with my CPL course) until getting my first job, do you think it would be feasible to simply revalidate the MEP rating together with the MEIR in an airplane every year without actually having any experience in MEP flying in between revalidations?

Thanks!