PDA

View Full Version : support each other

747flyboy
28th May 2002, 23:17
hi guys, haven't really expressed must of an opinion here but i feel that things are getting quite negative. i remember when i wanted to first be crew, i literally would have flown for anyone just to get experience and i did. a season at dan air at lgw would have been enough to put anyone off! but no, 10 and 1/2 years later i am still at it. we all learn from experience and even if we only last 6 months at a company it's experience gained and an addition to our cv's.
if possible, be supportive and congratulate everyone for getting a job as crew as it's more difficult now more than ever. i am not trying to stop people from expressing there opinions (as we are not reknowned for being shy!) but just being gentle on people who are searching for that ultimate job as a flight attendant.

smile
29th May 2002, 00:02
Hey 747,

I agree!!! When I first started posting on this forum everyonewas so friendly and encouraging-- even if someone didn't like the airline we were talking about!!!

In my opinion I thought that being constructive and tactful about something was a quality and skill of a F/A. But the recent posts on Virgin Atlantic have had a couple of bitter comments in them..

So if anyone is reading this forum and wants to post something please have a little look around to understand the culture of this forum.

YES -- we want your opinion... but please make it constructive!!

love SMILE:D

sweety
29th May 2002, 10:32
Yes, please!! :) There is a lot of bitterness and unnecessary insults (hope I spelt it correctly?). Would be great if we would at least try to be friends instead of trying to dig out all the possible dirt on things. ;)

FloatJockey
29th May 2002, 12:49
:) :) I fully agree! The people I met so far through PPRUNE are fabulous and the help and support my husband and I are receiving is unbelievable! :D :D

I wish to thank a few people by the way: Mr. Seatback II for re-typing my CV till 1:00 am the other night, RJM for extra info, phone calls and a place to stay last week-end, Nickmelb and his networking efforts, KSD333 for the long chats over the phone, KEM for the great e-mails, Sprucegoose for the honest advice... I'm sure I forgot somebody!

PPRUNE is what you make of it: keep it friendly then! :D

Mrs. FloatJockey