PDA

View Full Version : Female UAE F16 Pilot

Bob Viking
25th Sep 2014, 21:43
BBC News - Islamic State crisis: UAE female pilot in air strikes (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29367214)

Good on her but I would not want my name and face splashed around the media advertising the fact. Am I now guilty of the same thing though?!

BV:ooh:

Rhino power
25th Sep 2014, 22:01
Oh, the irony... I bet it's driving the flea-ridden, filthy scum into a frenzy knowing a lowly female is vapourising the ba$tards!
More power to her elbow!
-RP

MAINJAFAD
25th Sep 2014, 23:05
Bob

Her altitude is most likely if some nutter bumps her off, 'Inshallah'. The UAE ambassador to the US was on MSNBC Yesterday morning and confirmed that she lead the UAE unit that did the first attack and the USAF KC-135 tanker crew she made contact with were gobsmacked for around 20 seconds when a female voice came up on the net from a UAE aircraft. The UAE have correctly identified that the knowledge of her active role in the conflict is a major plus point in overcoming the left wing view that the Arab side of the coalition is as bad as the ISIL. I hope she gets to kills the rapist scum in their hundreds.

rh200
25th Sep 2014, 23:30
Sadly also advertising such things makes her a high value target in her own country.

tartare
26th Sep 2014, 00:04
Yes - not very good Opsec - the entire group of UAE drivers were photographed together yesterday; no faces obscured etc.

MAINJAFAD
26th Sep 2014, 00:14
Tartar

The UAE photos are from a while back when the world press were invited to see Maj al-Mansouri at work on the coal face.

Saudi on the other hand issued photos of the aircrew involved taken on the date from the day of the first attack.

John Eacott
26th Sep 2014, 01:08
Good to see this, quite frankly:

http://www.eacott.com.au/gallery/d/7019-1/UAE+pilot.jpg

tartare
26th Sep 2014, 01:08
Ah - thanks; I may have confused the two.
And now I read that two fools on Fox in the US mocked this officer?!
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/sep/25/fox-news-mock-female-pilot-isis-sexist-jokes
Beneath contempt.

MAINJAFAD
26th Sep 2014, 01:30
Tartare

Totally concur, not funny at all.

RAFEngO74to09
26th Sep 2014, 01:49
Here's a clip of the Fox segment - morons !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMqG0nM7AQ

tartare
26th Sep 2014, 01:58
Yeeesss - a few fat old guys and a skinny weed trying to be funny.
Guess what fellas - she was smart enough and tough enough to end up sitting in a fast jet.
Let's see you pencil-necks pull 6g's in a turn without either fainting or puking your guts out. :E

Typhoon93
26th Sep 2014, 02:26
For an additional kick in the nuts, can we stick Jihadi John directly behind her tail pipe on take off? Full afterburner.

By the way, where is her weapon? Or don't the UAEAF issue their FJ pilots with side arms while on ops?

The Stimulator
26th Sep 2014, 03:27
As the caption shows Typhoon93, the photos on the BBC of the 4 UAE pilots were taken earlier, not during this period on ops, which would explain no sidearm.

Typhoon93
26th Sep 2014, 03:51
Ah, I didn't read the caption. Thanks.

Wander00
26th Sep 2014, 08:05
Guys on the TV show should be sacked. She is really is bravest amongst the brave. Let's hope she and all the others get through safely

Tankertrashnav
26th Sep 2014, 08:28
We in the West rightly condemn the attitudes to women prevalent in the Middle East, and then a few morons sitting in a Fox TV studio come up with remarks like this.

Totally pathetic!

Typhoon93
26th Sep 2014, 08:49
Tanker, they are probably failed fighter pilots and are jealous that their snail like reactions failed them for flying anything more advanced than a paper aeroplane. Ignore journalists!

Minnie Burner
26th Sep 2014, 10:26
Just another Murdoch institution which should be publicly nuked.
These people should be horse-whipped. Or dealt with by ISIL.

stilton
26th Sep 2014, 10:33
Pretty typical for Fox 'news'.

Shame they trashed the female reporters positive coverage of the story though.

They are not taken seriously over here by any one with more than half a brain cell.

Rotor Kop
26th Sep 2014, 10:38
Not sure what the BIG hu ha is about about a female flying??? It just proves that they are a lesser being by all the media coverage they get for anything remotely difficult to obtain ............. same applies to our BEE lot...............:cool:

Pure Pursuit
26th Sep 2014, 10:43
I worked with her earlier this year. Thoroughly professional, respected by her peers and not afraid to throw speers in a debrief!

barnstormer1968
26th Sep 2014, 11:00
Pure pursuit

If what you say is true then I hope she IS KIDNAPPED..........

By the RAF, and brought back to the Uk :) we need more people with true leadership skills ! :)

Martin the Martian
26th Sep 2014, 12:10
Rotor Kop

On the contrary, and not saying anything derogatory against anyone else, I think that female combat pilots can be made to suffer in many, many ways if they are shot down and taken prisoner that their male compatriots would not. Can you imagine? I can, and I'm sure that the Major and others like her can as well.

That they still go and do the job earns my greatest admiration and respect.

Boy_From_Brazil
26th Sep 2014, 13:10
A truly courageous lady. I have nothing but admiration for her.

It imust have incredibly tough to get to this level in a male dominated environment, especially coming from an Arab background. Also full credit to the UAE in allowing her to succeed.

It is difficult to imagine this happening in Qatar or Saudi!

Herod
26th Sep 2014, 14:50
Eclan; she's not being treated differently at all. It's just good to see that some Muslim countries allow their women to excel. Quite apart from anything else, she's a better pilot than I was. I didn't get to fly fast jets; probably not good enough, and would likely have killed myself if I had.

Martin the Martian
26th Sep 2014, 15:04
So when's your appearance on Fox, Eclan?

Evanelpus
26th Sep 2014, 15:10
PR disaster of a photo.

3 male pilots walking together, helmets off and she's about 6 feet away from them, head covered.

Go figure:ugh:

Brian W May
26th Sep 2014, 15:39
Not sure what the BIG hu ha is about about a female flying??? It just proves that they are a lesser being by all the media coverage they get for anything remotely difficult to obtain ............. same applies to our BEE lot...............

Didn't realise that 'Kop' meant complete dimsh1t. What language is that?

You are either a troll or completely ignorant of the cultural significance of her particular presence on the battlefield (quite apart from her ability to fly fast jets and do it well). Just a little intimidated are 'we'?

E-Spy
26th Sep 2014, 16:07
It is a shame that we have to draw attention to it and make a big deal. I guess the real victory is when women pilots don't make the headlines and it is just 'the norm'.

Still, a brilliant story and all the more kudos to her!

nimbev
26th Sep 2014, 16:15
FFS Eclan, what's your case? Did you fail aircrew selection? I would have thought that any military aircrew, current or past, would at least acknowledge what she is doing and give respect - but perhaps you are not and never have been military aircrew.

Vendee
26th Sep 2014, 16:59
At least she doesn't need to carry a skull cap, already got one. No one commented on how the country is so "progressive" allowing a woman to succeed in a male dominated role, etc etc but she's still expected to wear the woman's gear, head scarf etc.Is she expected to wear the headgear? Perhaps its her choice?

Typhoon93
26th Sep 2014, 18:57
Eclan,

Please educate yourself on the culture of ISIL. They do not like women, the view women as second-class citizens that should stay at home with the kids, never to see the light of day and heaven forbid they should ever show anything but their finger tips and their eyes.

The only people who are suggesting that women are incapable of flying FJ's are the journalists on Fox News, and your good self.

If I get selected for military aircrew, I for one would be more than happy to have a female colleague. I'm sure it would increase the morale of the guys on the ground too in the knowledge that a lady is covering their six.

TrakBall
26th Sep 2014, 21:03
Interesting that one of the reporters on Shepard Smith's Fox Report is a retired Navy FJ pilot...oh and a female too. I would guess that a few words might have been exchanged in the background.

TB

rh200
26th Sep 2014, 21:07
Please educate yourself on the culture of ISIL.
Its not just the culture of ISIL
the view women as second-class citizens
I believe there a significant proportion of that particular religion in particular regions who share the same belief.
that should stay at home with the kids

Like thats not just confined to that religion, it was only a couple of decades ago we outlawed conjugal rights. All societies undergo social evolutionary processes, its up to you t decide if which way their going is positive or not.

It is a balance that has to be kept when your making changes not to piss off to many people due to you stabilizing your own country. Considering the country she is in, she is damm lucky and privileged to be in such a position.

Is that fair, nope, thats life.

Typhoon93
26th Sep 2014, 21:16
rh200, I am well informed on the perils of Islam and other religions in their past which is why I don't have any religious faith. However, it's not appropriate to share my opinion on this forum, since UKAF interventions have been in Islamic countries for the last 14 years.

I don't particularly agree with those who say the Islamic State isn't Islamic, it is. I am also not so convinced that these 'extremists' are in the so-called minority.

RAFEngO74to09
26th Sep 2014, 21:21
TrakBall,

Indeed, Fox reporter Lea Gabrielle: USN for 12 years, F/A-18 pilot with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan including embedded with a SEAL unit. I expect the Green Room was blue with some sailor language !

http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/thumbnails/i/080614/780/438/080614_ff_gabrielle_640.jpg

WhatsaLizad?
27th Sep 2014, 04:45
Ah - thanks; I may have confused the two.
And now I read that two fools on Fox in the US mocked this officer?!
http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...s-sexist-jokes (http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/sep/25/fox-news-mock-female-pilot-isis-sexist-jokes)
Beneath contempt.

Agreed. As a Yank/Sceptic with generally conservative views, I find the vile comments uttered by these fools as beneath contempt. Whatever the political posturing, this Hijab wearing muslim female chose to stick herself into a high risk combat vehicle and attack those savages who are more of a threat to her existence than ours.

She also did it knowing that even without a credible air defense capability, she faces utter hell in her last days on earth in the event of something like a turbine wheel failure or blown fuel line that causes her to eject over ISIS terroritory.

I hope she is successful and afterwards takes a tour of the USA in a two seat F16, including a stop in New York where she can offer those dickless Fox News boys a 9G torture ride where they beg her to stop by converting to Islam.

Sincerely, your Catholic PPrune poster

Typhoon93
27th Sep 2014, 09:15
WhatsaLizad?, how do you expect them to beg her to stop when they're suffering with G-LOC? :)

Martin the Martian
27th Sep 2014, 11:35
Or, to use a phrase from a well known aviation film:

"Repeat please."

clunckdriver
27th Sep 2014, 11:58
As a Canadian Im a great admirer of Americans, they are in most part friendly, generous,open to all views, and without the class structure of many older nations, but time after time their media causes offense to other nations by this sort of action. During the Afgan war Canada had a very bad day, with heavy loses, on this day a so called "comedian" on American late night TV chose to mock Canadas armed forces, this not only caused great anger in the Canadian population but in the US as well, still this idiot is on TV doing his best to offend the rest of the world!

WhatsaLizad?
27th Sep 2014, 14:51
You're right Typhoon, the torture will probably only take 4 G's