PDA

View Full Version : EK: Employee Survey closes Sept 29th. Have you taken it?

Desdihold
25th Sep 2014, 12:17
I know this topic has been covered before but I think it warrants a new thread to highlight that the survey is still available.
We can list the department we work for and have the opportunity to write our views.

I know there are those among us who may say the survey will be binned my management but I have to believe that as readers of PPrune we should take the survey. Encourage your friends to take it.

It is listed on the home page of the FOIP.

CaptainChipotle
25th Sep 2014, 12:38
completely agree,

Don't waste your time b!tching on here if you can't take 5 minutes and write it directly to the company.

I filled it out, and pulled no punches.

SOPS
25th Sep 2014, 12:51
Done........(adding content)

DCS99
25th Sep 2014, 13:15
Was there any space for suggestions?
I saw nothing.

Desdihold
25th Sep 2014, 13:23
There are two boxes where you can write what you want, they are not labeled as suggestion boxes.
I think we should use these boxes to state what we feel is wrong and give them a chance to later ask how they need to be fixed.

Get them to acknowledge the problem first.

a747jb
25th Sep 2014, 14:14
One thing happened since I started the other thread is that the survey was moved from being buried in and obscure email to being on the very front of the home page of the portal and was even clearly labeled. Believe when I say, I am as sure they will ignore this as the next person, BUT, this migration to the front page happened on the exact same day as the email came out making us aware that that airport service manager from EKAS had been laterally moved out of a position of power (something that more than likely happened as a direct result of the negative publicity and open letter to the Sheikh that was posted by the ground staff lady that got fired in a somewhat questionable manner). Personally, I don't find this coincidence, not at this company. I am hoping this survey is coming from very high up, which makes me smile that much more that I had the opportunity to vent and give my real opinion about my thoughts on management. Heck, they asked for it. I am also as sure as the next person that it is definitely NOT confidential, but to be honest, who cares. There are strength in numbers! If 10 people fill out this survey, its easy to take care of those folks. If 10,000 people fill it out, it sends a message! This survey is open to the entire company, so enjoy venting and get others to do it also :) It beats simply complaining here on pprune, even if just a little.

TangoUniform
25th Sep 2014, 20:28
Rumour has it, that the lady who "invented" the survey has been given a lateral move from her position. This is, after all, a rumour network. Maybe someone can verify...the rumour.

Snake man
28th Sep 2014, 07:57
I agree with you 100%, 9th Floor.
A decade and a half, and this is the first time I've seen anything like this.

FILL OUT THE SURVEY!

Schnowzer
28th Sep 2014, 09:07
Done, I hope it makes a difference, never had a survey with so many disagree answers. There is a comments box, it appears when you say you disagree at the end.

glofish
28th Sep 2014, 09:50
I agree, fill it out. However don't expect anything out of it.

There has been a very similar survey a few years ago at a mid-sized European legacy carrier. Supposedly a very cooperative minded airline with a similarly cooperative union.

The survey's result was never transmitted to the employees, apparently the outcome was not to the management's liking!

Irony of the situation: Today the contract with the pilots had been cancelled and the union has filed an official juristic complaint ....

Desdihold
28th Sep 2014, 14:37
Since this particular thread was started less than a week ago it has been viewed over 1700 times. The majority of the viewers were probably EK pilots, I hope this means that the majority of EK pilots who read pprune have also filled out the survey.

It closes tomorrow morning, try to be heard and take 5 min to fill it on.

Encourage your colleagues to do the same.

bob777
28th Sep 2014, 18:41
I have sent mine, posthumous, via my lawyer.

Desdihold
29th Sep 2014, 12:21
Survey Closes Tomorrow, not today.
Link can be found in your company email.

Desert Dawg
30th Sep 2014, 03:47
@Desdi

I suggest you edit your original post to reflect the new closure date of the Survey :8

Rotaiva
1st Oct 2014, 05:09
We all know this would never happen!

There are many examples of the company sanitizing and censuring ASR's and CSR's; now given that this is an 'internal' survey, why would they behave any differently here?
That aside I did fill out the survey and putting all prejudices aside (as best I could) - strongly disagree was very prevalent.

Worst Case Scenario
The company has initiated this survey, will filter the results and publish it as evidence to counter this other persons website!

Truth about Emirates Airline Management (EKAS) | Human and labour rights violations (http://donotflyemirates.wordpress.com/)

Mediocre Scenario
A significant management shuffle takes place but no net change occurs. Life goes on.

Possible Scenario
Motivational changes are enacted (all cost-neutral) - and given the company's ethos, these will all be sold to us as positives but will in all probability be yet more 'baby carrot - big thumping stick' changes. All introduced by an FCI written in an incompetent manner.

Best Scenario
An immediate 'Contract Adjustment Letter' is published, paying us more and working us less!

Sorry - couldn't resist that one; had to introduce a laugh given this is a rumour network!
Rant over!

Nikita81
1st Oct 2014, 12:16
Well, given the fact that the blog from the worse case scenario had 16.000 visitors per day at one moment of its existence (now it has around 500-1000 visitors every day), this scenario seems possible.

TwinJock
1st Oct 2014, 12:23
Completed the survey twice ! Was a little bit more piffed this week due to serious fatigue and roster issues.

Nikita81
1st Oct 2014, 18:22
Agree. Survey should be filled.

flaphandlemover
12th Oct 2014, 16:21
So anyone with contacts to the office about the survey?

Any info about the happiness in our company?

better say how bad was it?

Rather Be Skiing
13th Oct 2014, 04:06
Maybe TC's new quarterly reports are an initial response to the survey?

Maybe they do care!? Nah.

sluggums
13th Oct 2014, 05:43
He has a point, but it seems he wants us to consider anything that does the rounds as rumour only. Another convenient EK management tactic of never letting the facts get in the way of screwing the workforce.

And really, what did he say? Nothing of real importance. The only time they'll listen to a survey is when it impacts them directly.

Gulf News
13th Oct 2014, 06:08
He did provide a link through which to feed "robust" feedback. Personally I would treat that invitation with a bit of caution but if you have something to say let him know,it will probably be vetted and sanitized by some flunky in corporate communications but it would appear that they are making an effort to find out what the greater majority think and feel..

flaphandlemover
13th Oct 2014, 07:01
Did Sir TC sent us a direct link to him, because he figured out, that the newly implemented middlemanagnent people are filtrating the information in their benefit and all that is comunicated is... Happy days?

Maybe it's time to clean up in the mm ranks..

flareflyer
13th Oct 2014, 10:53
Is sir TC so interested in treating employees with respect?
Listening to the cabin crews that had him on board as passenger were not very enthusiastic about his attitude..........

Nikita81
13th Oct 2014, 12:30
Don't think so.

There are some ground staff who would tell you that he doesn't approach to the counter when he is ought to be checked in or even look at his staff and greet them when he is passing immigration at the arrivals.

Arrogance became desirable managerial skill in EK.

glofish
5th Nov 2014, 03:29
So they are analysing the survey .....

A disappointing only 13000 employees took the time to respond. :ouch:
At least they acknowledge receipt and promise to listen to us and come back to us with some result.

Not holding my breath though, considering the same stuff they said about the blatantly obvious rostering and fatigue issues.

BobDole
5th Nov 2014, 03:48
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

That is all.

Thank you.

flaphandlemover
5th Nov 2014, 05:04
The rumor says, that the suvey was devastating and managers have been named and shamed...
Surprise.... 😄😄😄

So lets wait for the changes that are coming our way... 75h, overtime pay, leave will be honored, Working bidding system, ....

Sorry, was just dreaming.....

alwayzinit
5th Nov 2014, 06:24
13,000 responses and I am sure the picture they paint is not the rose coloured vista that TC (Sir TC!) was being led to believe existed here in "paradise".

I hope that the sensible reflection now taking place will have positive results, sadly past history would lead us to expect a monumental fudge, a box full of platitudes and then the respondents being blamed for the initial mess in the first place!

Leopards and spots........................

777boyindubai
5th Nov 2014, 07:17
I believe TC instigated the culture of disrespect and arrogance. It mirrors his own behaviour. The bullying continues..... Where does this culture come from? I doubt from the worker bees.
I think even our beloved "management" will struggle to put a positive spin on this. 13000 is a substantial number none the less.

The Turtle
5th Nov 2014, 09:27
If 13000 is an accurate number......

flareflyer
6th Nov 2014, 07:53
how many employees are there only based in the UAE?

fatbus
6th Nov 2014, 09:14
A majority are based in DXB, can't wait to see the spin Dr 's on this one . Morale is in the dumps even with the CC. Upgrades are slowing, everyone seems to be talking about leaving only time will tell on that front.
The real inflation in Dubai it making it very difficult for a lot of people to save, including pilots with families in Dubai.

flareflyer
6th Nov 2014, 10:20
The interesting thing is to see that even cc are much more determined.
They easily file fatigue repory and call sick!
I would say they are better then us in this filed.......

halas
7th Nov 2014, 02:56
Huh? :confused:

halas

CaptainChipotle
7th Nov 2014, 14:22
Uhhhh. I'll have what he's having.

sluggums
7th Nov 2014, 20:13
I found if you read the flareflyer post in the style of Borat it helps a little... I liiiikke.

Payscale
8th Nov 2014, 14:50
I think Sir Tim takes the survey very serious. His actions will prove this.

flareflyer
8th Nov 2014, 14:56
Ok guys......sorry :}

flareflyer
8th Nov 2014, 14:57
But i really did not smoke anything strong :}

Nikita81
8th Nov 2014, 17:36
Hope that TC is getting it seriously, because it is. Very.

But in the country ruled only by one man, who has the power over your life and death and you can't do a **** about it, fear policy will always take its place in human relations.

Where there's a fear, bold and smart people don't stay. Fear works only for poltroons and those who know that they can't find a better job.

Bottom line, EK is in the crisis caused by constant negative selection. All of the people who had different opinion and fought for EK to implement approach different than "never question your senior, shut up and do as you are told or you will be sacked" are long gone.

Middle and even high management (HR management, for example) hide the real state of the company. Some of them are doing it because they know that they can't perform better and yet they are taking huge money for their "work", others (like HRM) are just hiding the fact that they are lost in their human resource management.

Something must be done fast and survey will help, but not as much as going back to the ground, hold the horses and look at your managers. Who are they, what reports they are writing and what the hell are they doing in the company? What is their contribution and what are their tasks?

After you do that, you say thank you and goodbye to underachievers and you hire new HR managers and recruiters first. You mostly don't need to hire new managers because sacked ones did almost nothing any ways. But you need to hire some people with integrity and spine. People who are not afraid to get into a conflict for an idea or a different approach.

Then you protect your staff by raising their salaries and treating them like human beings. You have to enable some new policies for that and you have to ensure that old policies are not violated, because now they usually are. You have to stop discrimination by religion and passport. Once employed, people are company's people, not strangers or citizen's of another countries primarily.

Company is a big team of people working together, not a bunch of people hating each other's guts because of a darker or lighter skin, religion or passport.

When you do that, form internal audit department and put some honest people there. If there are no laws to protect people and managers are massively violating internal manuals, make a department which will protect your staff objectively and without prejudices.

But, first of all, comprehend and acknowledge your problem and the fact that the managers whom you keep in the company because of some favour or because they are your friends, are not preforming well. They are taking salaries for absolutely nothing. And people who do work hard are treated like ****. Give it a long, hard thought and apologize to everyone who got hurt by your managers' ruthless behaviour. Apologize for being an asshole and rise from the ashes again. In a sustainable manner, this time. Don't waste money and don't put wasta managers on high positions. Be aware that growth can kill your company if there is nobody to manage it.

UAE wants to be a modern country with modern companies. If they want to achieve this goal, they have to give up of a "one man show" concept and accept the opposition and critiques as welcome and necessary, because they make you stronger, they point out your weak spots and they actually help you to grow healthy. Killing all the opposition brought Emirates where they are today - a dictatorship company, with scared, mousey managers, who have no real integrity to lead such a huge company.

fatbus
9th Nov 2014, 00:55
Well said,very true .

The Outlaw
9th Nov 2014, 03:00
Lets take a look at what will actually happen:

The company will sack or relocate a few expat managers and replace them with locals in keeping with the "Emiratization" program. Then of course everything will get better...right?

Evidently, the company makes tons upon tons of money so it must be doing everything right, there are millions of pretty boys and girls who are happy to wear the uniform for 2-3 years then remove themselves from the employ of the company before their asses get too big...pilots are the same except they hang in for 3-7 years.

Heard all this crap time and time again but I "strongly disagree" there will be any change.

jack schidt
9th Nov 2014, 13:28
No matter how shiny the gold trim might be in the aircraft and the terminals, it's all worth "nada" if those that are the machine (the employees) do not make it work well. Any companys biggest investment is its employees as all the infrastructure is worthless junk without them.

J

777boyindubai
9th Nov 2014, 15:13
Hi Laker,

TC's treatment of EK staff has been discussed in so many different places in this forum that I will leave it to others to decide if he and EK Management are disrespectful or not. Given the number of people whose lives are affected by those decisions, I don't think you will find many fans.

Sorry, but I try to construct sentences with the correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling. I made a valid point on the post you refer to in relation to spelling. I replied and put a sarcastic comment. I state again there are loads of great things in the US.

I agree with you, friend, that we should try to respect each other. However, to compare a post on pprune to what TC and the boys do to us is stretching it a bit.

ekwhistleblower
10th Nov 2014, 12:31
Bottom line, EK is in the crisis caused by constant negative selection. All of the people who had different opinion and fought for EK to implement approach different than "never question your senior, shut up and do as you are told or you will be sacked" are long gone.

Never a truer word! Last sackings under the restructure banner came when training became too efficient and overconfident; divide and conquer. One of the favorite sayings of AS: "You may be right but that would be a career limiting strategy!" Anyone that makes decisions based upon doing the right things for themselves rather than just the right thing is guilty of moral corruption.

Yes we all do it occasionally but it should never be your sole reaction as it has become for many SVPs and up. Perhaps those above don't want to hear options and then make a reasoned decision with full facts at hand but that is no reason for not doing your job and providing them. Every time I get in a lift I see various flyers about investing in people, safety is everyone's responsibility etc. well let's do it, we need actions not platitudes or it is all an illusion.

Nikita a beautiful piece of prose!