PDA

View Full Version : B777 eng inop

uchy
24th Sep 2014, 13:50
I have noticed in the B777 QRH P.I section ENG INOP, there are 2 tables
-gear down landing rate of climb available- with flaps 20 and 30.
Are these the tables to check if perform a single eng landing with flaps 20 or 30?
Why with gear down? For the initial part of the Go around in order to have a positive climb to retract the gear?
Thanks

peekay4
24th Sep 2014, 16:38
E.g., landing gear stuck in down position (failed to retract) scenario.

uchy
24th Sep 2014, 16:42
And why flaps 30 if the first thing you do in the GA is call flaps 20? Gear stuck plus unable to retract the flaps? Really not your day....

c100driver
24th Sep 2014, 21:50
Landing climb is with landing flaps and gear down. It is the initial phase of a rejected landing prior to reconfiguration of the aircraft to climb out configuration.

Certification requires 3.2% climb capability with all engines operating in the landing configuration.

Forward CofG
24th Sep 2014, 23:57
uchy

And why flaps 30 if the first thing you do in the GA is call flaps 20? Gear stuck plus unable to retract the flaps? Really not your day....

If you do a flap 20 approach (eng inop), the first thing you call for in the G/A is flap 5. That's why there are two charts.

sleeve of wizard
25th Sep 2014, 07:27
The engine fail, engine fire checklist lists have a conditional statement, Landing F20 or F30?
Not all single engine landings will be carried out at F20. :E
Landing performance, approach climb limit will all need to be considered.
The 77W, 77F or 77L are normally approach climb limited.

At MLW, gear down, F30 Landing Climb gradient is around the 12-13% :eek:

8che
25th Sep 2014, 09:52
Bit of background.

Boeing Statement

The subject data is the Landing Climb Limit Weight, which is the more limiting of Approach Climb Limit Weight and Landing Climb Limit Weight. The Approach Climb is based on a 2.1% gradient with one engine inoperative, gear up, approach flaps, and VREF+5. The Landing Climb is based on a 3.2% gradient with all engines operating, gear down, landing flaps, and VREF. The weights in the tables are mostly limited by Approach Climb, except at high altitude and cold temperatures where the weights are limited by Landing Climb. The purpose of these tables is to support the Overweight Landing checklist.

uchy
25th Sep 2014, 14:29
Thanks a lot for your replies.
Briefly when the single engine checklist says: use flaps 30 (if performance allows), I should check this table and see if with the actual condition I can maintain a positive rate? Is this correct?

single chime
25th Sep 2014, 15:28
From QRH PI Text:
"Gear Down
This section contains performance for airplane operation with the landing
gear extended for all phases of flight. The data is based on engine bleeds
for normal air conditioning."