PDA

View Full Version : QTLS Accreditation for Aircrew Instructor Course?

Been There...
23rd Sep 2014, 19:52
Just trying to find some details following a discussion with someone about whether it is possible to get formal recognition for my Aircrew Instructor Course through QTLS.

I'm planning on seeing the resettlement staff tomorrow, but thought I'd check here to get any good gen.

Thanks in advance.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
23rd Sep 2014, 20:13
AIC leaves you massively overqualified for both teaching and lecturing...for God's sake don't listen to any of the Government-approved rubbish on "how teaching should be done" ;)

..whether it's "recognised" is another question :ugh:

carlos755
23rd Sep 2014, 21:36
I used my AIC qualification as a basis for a Cert Ed followed by a BA (hons)Ed and I agree about the governments view of teaching...The RAF/RNZAF standards are a lot higher.

switch_on_lofty
23rd Sep 2014, 21:41
If you've done DTTT recently you should have the Certificate to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTTLS) which is a divvy qual, brought in for Mil instructors post-Deepcut. This allows you to teach over 16s I think but is seen as an entry level stepping stone qual civvy side, although you can do the next level up DTTLS on the job. Not sure what QTLS is (and yes Google is broken) but hope this helps.

Background Noise
24th Sep 2014, 06:44
It might depend on when you did it. It would be worth a call to the rear crew/AIC chaps at HQ CFS at Cranwell.