PDA

View Full Version : Looking for John

Boudreaux Bob
22nd Sep 2014, 00:58
The US FBI is using some very sophisticated kit to find ISIS Jihadi John with operations in.......the UK.

US Spy Planes Deployed Over London in Attempt to Hunt Down Jihadi John (http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/21/US-Spy-Planes-Deployed-London-Hunt-Down-Jihadi-John)

MAINJAFAD
22nd Sep 2014, 01:19
What a complete and utter load of tosh. The whole area is one of the most controlled bits of airspace in Europe.

Boudreaux Bob
22nd Sep 2014, 01:36
So why would ATC not cooperate with MI-5 and the British Police who are involved in this effort?

MAINJAFAD
22nd Sep 2014, 02:26
Bob

Because unlike the US, nothing is allowed in there without a working Transponder and you don't see a British Army defender (or any other small aircraft) mixing it with the heavies (South London is the normal approach path into Heathrow), the airspace is covered with both primary and secondary radar which can be monitored on the internet via Heathrow Airports own web site. The only way such surveillance would work would be with 24 hour coverage, which isn't happening as there is nothing orbiting southern London at the minute. The other thing is the report comes from the Daily Fail, a UK newspaper not known of its reporting of the actual truth on anything. Some FBI guys and a Brit in the back of a van parked not far from the target locations with some form of EM radiation monitoring kit is far more likely, If the British are not doing it themselves by tapping the landlines.

ETOPS
22nd Sep 2014, 07:32
These flights have been going on since at least 2009.

Take a look at this aircraft..

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/GImages/G-BVJT002.jpg

It's one of a small number owned by a leasing company and up until recently, could be seen on FR24 orbiting London at FL100 for hours at a time. This info is now blocked.

Take a look at the company and see if you can work out who is running the show.

MATELO
22nd Sep 2014, 09:35
So why would ATC not cooperate with MI-5 and the British Police who are involved in this effort?

They have done in the past, do so at the minute and will almost certainly continue in the future.

unmanned_droid
22nd Sep 2014, 10:09
Lyneham had some visits from a couple of interesting aircraft you wouldnt see at airshows. I can't connect them directly to the pictures I've seen on the net of lovely regular racetrack patterns on FR24, but I think they are connected.

Keep up the good work whoever you are!

MAINJAFAD
22nd Sep 2014, 10:51
Having actually done some digging, it appears the Mail is partly correct, though three years behind the Telegraph who picked up on this story in 2011.

Met Police spends millions of pounds on secret aircraft - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8857517/Met-Police-spends-millions-of-pounds-on-secret-aircraft.html)

Having heard a few stories about infringements of London's Control Zone (the first being from a friend who did it while doing an ATC Flying Scholarship out of Stapleford in the early 1980s) I would have expected some spotter to pick up on it. Turns out they did.

LowObservable
22nd Sep 2014, 11:43
Entirely standard aircraft, obviously. None of your business, Citizen!

Aircraft G-BVJT (1994 Reims F406 Caravan II C/N F406-0073) Photo by John Coates (Photo ID: AC947809) (http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000947809L.html)

Boudreaux Bob
22nd Sep 2014, 12:23
I would be surprised to see photos of the aircraft actually involved. :uhoh:

Is there any doubt that UK and American Intelligence/Counter Terrorism Operations are on-going?:rolleyes:

Is there any doubt those Operations involve Airborne Intelligence/Satellite based assets?:ugh:

The Media may have it all wrong.....and in reality....don't we hope they do?:ok:

I can imagine Johnnie's buddies contemplating their Key Board wondering just how much heat is being produced and just how in the hell the Good Guys can be picking that up through their Collection Efforts!:D

KPax
22nd Sep 2014, 12:34
I know it is a rumour site, but a bit close to the bone, why don't we open up the subject of 14 Sqn and Station Flight's etc. Best left alone methinks.