PDA

View Full Version : Why do you want to be a pilot?

JuniorPilot
20th Sep 2001, 19:21
Hey guys

"why do u want to be an airline pilot" and why do u chose your company to be your favourite choice" ?

Tank u bunches for your return reply....

tom775257
21st Sep 2001, 03:56
I want to fly. I want to fly. I want to fly.
I have been a senior P.C. tech for a large U.K. P.C. company, and for said company also been in R+D and Onsite maintainance. I do not care what position I reach in an airline. I just want to fly. I am lucky to be in a situation where money is not so much of an object. Currently I'm training in biotech and genetics as a backup, however I have a plan to fly..To have a company you plan to fly for, I believe is silly. Get any job you can, do not set sights on a specific company, especially a major. Just get that flying job, and get the hours.
With all the upset at the moment, although I will train in GA, I will refrain from any commercial training for a couple of years I think.
Take care out there all,
Tom/.

goldcup
23rd Sep 2001, 03:38
mate: flying is awesome, don't get too bunched about who you work for. At the end of the day once your in you've got something to offer. Perhaps the most important choice is military or civvy. Military offers job security (at the moment) but offers, without doubt, the biggest variety of flying, aircraft types, and a very different lifestyle. Horses for courses but think about your priorities. Civvy offers modern, swept up jets (that I aspire to flying by the way) and higher salaries (ultimately) and a more structured lifestyle that allows you to plan that barbeque in 2 weeks time. Doesn't always happen as some will testify but the military screw you around more. I'm young and military and I love my job but I can see myself becoming disillusioned with the faff as I get older. BUT, if you want a variety of types, flying, and an exciting life, with the opportunity of going civvy later, then I can recommend it. Equally, perhaps you should consider that seniority list and get in early to bank that cash. Depends on your priorities really. I can see why the public might wonder why anyone might want to be a pilot after the events of the last 10 days, and there is no short answer, but it really is a brilliant life (and not just a job). My job rarely becomes routine, and I still get as big a kick out of walking out to a 150 ton jet as I did when I went through training on a single piston. No matter which route you choose, don''t get disheartened by a tricky selection etc, keep pushing and it will work out.