PDA

View Full Version : EASA Do LFB Amt Do but CAA Do Not

Michael Gee
17th Sep 2014, 17:58
Lapsed UK EASA R44 Licence - Re Passed the lot in Germany with German Trainers/Examiners. EASA's rule on this is that they allow flying for an 8 week period after passing tests whilst waiting for Licence to be processed and issued. The Germans are OK with this ruling but the CAA not. Anyone know why ? :ugh:

md 600 driver
17th Sep 2014, 18:00
You lived here long enough to know that one mike

Mach Jump
17th Sep 2014, 18:26
Try asking the same question here, Mike. It can't hurt to try!

[email protected]

MJ:ok

TeeS
17th Sep 2014, 19:37
Sort of correct Michael

EASA allows competent authorities to make arrangements to allow the rating to be used for eight weeks but it is up to the authority. Sadly, our efforts to explain how sensible this is and how well it is working in other countries is falling on deaf ears in the UK at the moment - we will continue trying and hopefully common sense will prevail.

Cheers

TeeS

md 600 driver
17th Sep 2014, 22:00
Maybe it's because the Germans will get your paperwork /licence back to you in 8 weeks and our caa can't

GoodGrief
17th Sep 2014, 22:34
They used to do it in 7 to 10 days...:ok:

But I heard even 8 weeks might be a bit optimistic now.
Thanks EU for the EASA.:mad::=:ugh:

CRAZYBROADSWORD
18th Sep 2014, 09:00
FAA do the same the examiner gives you a tempary licence after you pass , also I think the same happens when you pass you driving license ,bike license in fact every type of license and test I can think off

md 600 driver
18th Sep 2014, 21:12
Main problem as I see it is until the CAA get there act together and guarantee to issue licences in 8 weeks someone may loose their employment when after 8 weeks when their tempory licence becomes invalid , and compensation becomes payable who pays ?

TeeS
18th Sep 2014, 21:26
Swapping into my 'defence of the authority' mode MD, have you actually met anyone who has presented a compliant (hate that word!) application who has had to wait anything close to eight weeks for their licence? I haven't!

Cheers

TeeS

mftx7jrn
19th Sep 2014, 07:56
It may or may not help Michael, but I recently got my license issued in about 10 days. It wasn't a particularly straight-forward application either. I think 8 weeks is the absolute worst case scenario. The CAA seemed to have significantly upped their game with licensing in the past 8 months or so.

md 600 driver
19th Sep 2014, 09:10
tees

not lately over 4 weeks but my son waited 4 weeks for his to arrive back