PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Build Multi Time

EIPK
16th Sep 2014, 21:15
Hi i recently finished flight school in May of this year. Like everyone else i am trawling the net looking for positions and applying like mad. The question is does anybody no of a small company that has Multi or Single Engine aircraft that operate in the uk or europe ,and you would be able to build time even if it takes not getting paid. I heard of companies in Isle of man using Piper Chieftans doing short haul cargo runs on behalf of Fedex. Any ideas.

Thanks for any replies.

Holyjoe
16th Sep 2014, 22:13
Have pm'd you mate. Reasonable question.

Officer Kite
16th Sep 2014, 22:21
I don't know what your current situation is but have you tried the Ryanair cadet programme ?

ersa
17th Sep 2014, 10:11
Never work for free , it will come back to bite you down the track:ugh:

Inlovewithflying
24th Sep 2014, 15:09
Offering companies to work free for them is a guaranteed 'no' from Airliners. I can guarantee you that.

It's whether Pay2Fly or Fly and be paid :ok:

B2N2
25th Sep 2014, 16:07
You still need the skills to fly the plane, you just cannot simply sit there and log the time.
Getting some additional SE time won't hurt...

fwjc
29th Sep 2014, 12:54
The company that I believe the OP is referring to requires a minimum of 700 hours total time plus 40 P1 multi and 100 IFR. So it's not really the place for a 200 hour newbie to be looking to hour build.

The recommendation to build time on SEP and explore other avenues is a good one.

Edited to add: And offering to fly for free is a very bad idea. For the industry, for you, and for your future. Don't do it.

Transsonic2000
30th Sep 2014, 12:34
And offering to fly for free is a very bad idea. For the industry, for you, and for your future. Don't do it. Absolutely correct, agree 100% ! ! ! DON'T DO IT ! ! !

The thing which I find interesting about this whole pay2fly or fly4free is that the same people who did it, are the same who are complaining about the poor work/pay conditions a few years down the road when they have a family to care for and/or other financial obligations or simply wish to improve their standard of living.

Go and get your flight instructor certificate (if you're in need of flight time) but as a qualified commercial pilot NEVER fly for free!!! Unless it's a charitable organization!