PDA

View Full Version : Are Emirates roadshows beneficial?

Check Airman
16th Sep 2014, 04:06
Hello all,

Would appreciate any input from current Emirates pilots. Is Emirates currently hiring CRJ 200 / ERJ 145 FO's?

They are recruiting in the US this weekend, but I don't want to spend the time and money to go if I'm going to be told that my airplane isn't big enough.

Secondly, how beneficial are the roadshows? Some companies value them highly, with others, it seems to make no difference. Where along the spectrum does Emirates fall?

Thanks for any info.

Xulu
16th Sep 2014, 07:19
They will hand out a form to fill in, which may lead to a quicker interview date if you have the hours required.

Otherwise it is just something to say at interview to prove your interest. They essentially sit you down and play the recruitment video that is available on the website. Then they open it up for questions.

Guys going to interview with E-175/195. Not a lot, but some.

Al Murdoch
16th Sep 2014, 07:25
I think the requirement for aircraft >50 tonnes only applies for A380 FOs? What does the website say? If not clear, just drop the recruiters an email.
If you are eligible, then the roadshow is definitely worth visiting.

mooseknuckles
16th Sep 2014, 18:56
Don't bother unless you enjoy being lied to. Stay home, get your command and go to a major when your time comes. I am satisfied here for the moment, but I was looking at another 7 years before the majors were hiring and already had 8 years at a regional. If you really want to try something new, go check it out but do so with your eyes wide open and a healthy dose of skepticism.

Al Murdoch
17th Sep 2014, 06:57
I wondered how long it would take...

vfenext
17th Sep 2014, 10:54
A usual suspect!

White Knight
17th Sep 2014, 18:31
Yep....,,,,, c'mon Nolimit, Glofish, LHR..... Get stuck into the poor wee lamb!

mooseknuckles
18th Sep 2014, 04:40
Look at the number of my posts versus all of yours, not sure how that's makes me a usual suspect. I did notice that none of you had anything positive to contradict my post. The fact is, I was that guy 7 years ago, and knowing what I know now, I would never have left given the opportunities he has with all the majors hiring. The fact also remains that they are underestimating the time to command and therefore being less than truthful about the reality here. I don't know why misery loves company but you lot seem to embody that maxim. I'm trying to keep him from making a mistake, you would rather encourage it. Who are the usual suspects indeed?

vfenext
18th Sep 2014, 05:05
An elite club of usual suspects!

LostinT2DXB
18th Sep 2014, 06:12
flydubai is one of the few ME airlines that will hire people off of turboprops or smaller jets. Not sure when it is, but there will be an info/interview secession in PHX in the near future. Several people in your situation have joined recently, choosing not to sit as an RJ FO making 40K for the next several years waiting for an upgrade that May never come.

cuberoute
19th Sep 2014, 10:39
Moose and Mulla

"Don't bother unless you enjoy being lied to"

"They'll only bullshhhit you with lies and fairytales at the roadshow ."

Ok Ill Bite . Have you been to a roadshow recently ?

Exactly what lies are they telling....... exactly ? I would really like to know !

cuberoute
19th Sep 2014, 13:10
ok so what does early command mean ? What are they promising ?

stanimal
20th Sep 2014, 01:27
I attended today in Chicago. We were told to expect 7 years.

Kapitanleutnant
20th Sep 2014, 06:02
At the roadshow I attended, they told the FO's who had some wide body experience that they'd be put on a "fast track" program to the left seat which meant instead of the normal 3-5 years at the time for the upgrade, they'd be upgraded after only 18 months since they were well experienced.

That changed with the sending of an email and all the sudden, those who were told they'd upgrade at the 1.5 year point, took much much longer. Those guys were lied to!

flightfaa
20th Sep 2014, 16:18
Stanimal
Was it beneficial by any way to you? I will be attending the one in atl. PM if you can

Check Airman
20th Sep 2014, 17:40
Stanimal,

Do you recall if they mentioned anything about a minimum aircraft weight for incoming FO's? Thinking specifically about CRJ200 and ERJ145?

What about those of us who haven't upgraded?

stanimal
20th Sep 2014, 17:58
Yes they did. I posted this in another forum.

The >30 ton is a must. However, the amount of time can be waved. The way it was explains was this:

If you have 2000 hrs in a 145 or 200 and 300 hrs in something >30 ton they will wave the time. But you must have time in a multi crew, multi engine, modern jet, and have some time in >30.

There were 29 pilots that attended. It seemed most of them were Eagle or Express that fell under the weight requiremnt flying mainly 145's.

PIC time wasn't an issue. They were salivating for Airbus time.

aero979
21st Sep 2014, 02:00
Emirates would not count any of my Embraer 190 time towards the 3000 hr requirement for A380.... despite that the 190 is greater than 50T MTOW....

EK380
21st Sep 2014, 02:39
A380 Direct Entry FO is Airbus FBW experience only... Even 737 won't do it.

Kapitanleutnant
22nd Sep 2014, 18:08
Stanimal…

Simply out of my own curiosity, how many were in attendance in Chicago for that Road Show?

Thanks

K

stanimal
23rd Sep 2014, 05:06
I counted 29.

nolimitholdem
23rd Sep 2014, 08:38
Yep....,,,,, c'mon Nolimit, Glofish, LHR..... Get stuck into the poor wee lamb!

HAHAHAH! Wow! Didn't even have to say a word and already an EK cheerleader is on the defence! Pathetic and grasping, says it all.

I am honoured. I feel like a ninja who kills without actually laying a finger on someone.

WK, my sig other had the pleasure of flying with you once and figured out who you are. Turns out you really ARE as much of a *term that would get me banned, rhymes with banker* in real life as you are on PPRune.

Didn't think it possible.

Carry on! :ok: