PDA

View Full Version : Obtain a CRI rating after finishing an FI course

Mickey Kaye
15th Sep 2014, 18:22
Its been banded about on these forums that after successfully completing an FI course it is possible to get a CRI rating also added.

Yet on the one occasion that I know of someone who tried this. The CAA rejected the application.

Could someone confirm that it is indeed possible to get a CRI rating along with FI issue and how you go about doing it.

ifitaintboeing
15th Sep 2014, 20:13
It is possible, although he will have to pay the additional issue fee. I have helped several FI(R)s to do this, but all have required some assistance in dealing with the CAA.

ifitaint...

BEagle
19th Sep 2014, 06:43
For a PPL holder, one of the pre-requisites for holding an FI certificate is 200 hours total time on aeroplanes. Whereas for a CRI on single pilot aeroplanes it is 300 hours.

Thus merely holding an FI certificate does not always meet CRI certificate requirements.

Hawk711
24th Sep 2014, 20:41
Went to the CAA to get my FI added last week and asked licensing about the CRI issue. They said it was a more restrictive rating than the FI so there is no addition to be added! I don't proclaim to understand it myself to be honest!

Whopity
25th Sep 2014, 06:54
They said it was a more restrictive rating than the FI so there is no addition to be added! I don't proclaim to understand it myself to be honest!The rating is, but it has the advatage that some of the "more restrictive things" that you can do, can be done unsupervised! Seems they don't understand either!