PDA

View Full Version : "Thinking about your future"

Al R
12th Sep 2014, 16:13
New promo about AFPS15.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iAMhleUJ0ZI

Courtney Mil
12th Sep 2014, 16:55
Yeah, I can see the point of the video and using YT to get it out there. Now all that folks need is expert advice and answers on the detail pertinent to them. Then they wouldn't need to try to find out on PPRuNe.

Lima Juliet
12th Sep 2014, 18:25
Do you think they could dumb it down any further and be any more patronising???

LJ :confused:

Al R
12th Sep 2014, 18:36
I'm glad you said that, plink plink guitar soundtrack and infantile cartoon characters reducing everything to nursery school level drive me insane. All we needed was some whiskered goofy serviceman on leave, in his pyjamas or boxers and not having the spatial awareness and coordination skills to pour his cornflakes into a bowl without scattering them over his feet and looking helpless and we'd be sorted.

glad rag
12th Sep 2014, 18:37
Subliminal programming.

jayc530
12th Sep 2014, 19:45
More wasted money.

BEagle
12th Sep 2014, 19:51
Why the negativity? I didn't have a clue about my pension until I'd been serving for 34 years (not that service as an officer before 21 counted...:uhoh:) - I just assumed that it would happen when I left. Until, that is, the prospect of changes to the Armed Forces Pension Scheme were mooted, whereupon I realised that this would only be bad news (else why change things?), so pulled the B&Y as soon as I could, to coincide with the annual pay increase...:ok:

The 'cartoon' explanation could have benefited from a 'typical example' though.

gr4techie
12th Sep 2014, 22:30
My 2 thoughts after watching the video...

1. The actor said "I don't plan on working all my life". Good luck with that. Pity the govt thinks otherwise.

2. The video mentions index linked. Which is misleading. From my understanding, if we draw our pension after serving 22 years, the payments to us will not increase with inflation every year, you'd get paid the same for 14 or so years and only then receive an increase after you reach the age of 55. Then the index used to calculate the figure ( consumer price index) is controversial, it's the price of specially selected shopping items and can be manipulated to lower the index figure below the actual rate of inflation.